Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Original Article:
Harley-Davidson Offers Helmet For Women

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Harley-Davidson Offers Helmet For Women in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Good f***ing grief. Just live with the helmet hair!
Sachi darlin' you walked right into this one. Women have been complaining for years that it's hard to find gear designed for them, now a company whose clientel isn't known for wearing helmets in the first place, actually tries to put some thought into a product that caters to women and you want to b*tch about it?.....

Who says women are never satisfied????????????

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Yeah, we do. But I've never heard ONE complaint about helmets. Our problem is finding leathers and other protective clothing that fit. Boots (for big calves) and gloves (with really short fingers) too. All too often these things are simply sized down from men's clothing and simply do NOT FIT.

But as I said, I've never heard a single complaint about helmets. And hair is just not that damned thick.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Where are the cynics when you need them! Harley Helmet, apparel item, come on guys, there's more openings here then any 10 other articles.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I wonder where Harley gets these helmets made ... does anyone know?
It's a good bet that HJC is the manufacturer. They're probably the largest mfgr worldwide of helmets, and many "Independent Brands" (such as Icon and ZR1) use them.

Mark Love used to be the HJC U.S. Rep, but I don't know who has the job now - they could tell you for sure if they made the Harley-branded lids.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I wonder where Harley gets these helmets made ... does anyone know?
If you go look on their apparel website, it tells who the manufacturer is in the item description. I clicked on 5 of the 3/4 face helmets and found 4 HJC and 1 KBC. I'll bet there's others in there too.

I was suprised to see so many helmet options from Harley. 18 1/2 helmets, 8 3/4 helmets and 5 full face? That's a heck of a selection. Some of them had nice paint schemes too; way more appealing than the manufacturer schemes.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Extra features needed

High hats for high hair? Pony-tail notches? Whatever next? Well, how about a rug-rack on the top, for the members of the GPTB who'd still like the wind in their hair, even if it ain't theirs and ain't real...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.