Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Maybe they can put the bailing wire on display next to the section called "Parts we've found on I-94".

That or a pair of Vice Grips in size XXX.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Harley used to build some neat prototypes, mostly in the race shop. In the 1940s they made just one 4-valve overhead valve v-twin that would have replaced the 45 side valve, but they supposedly didn't have the money for production tooling. I saw a picture of it long ago. I wonder if the special one-off bikes will be in the museum, or if they were destroyed.

In the thirties, Harley made some ohv singles in 350cc and 500cc sizes - some were road bikes and some were for speedway. The exposed valve springs and rocker arms collected dirt pretty well. I rode a 350cc speedway version once. In the early 50s (with a different rider) it got some podium finishes against 500cc JAPs. Note: "JAP" was for J.A. Prestwich of England, not Japan.

·
Registered
164 Posts
"Rusty! I've waited for this day all my life....the worlds largest ball of string!"

Hey! I wonder if True Value will build a wheel barrow museum across the street and try to grab some of the business!

$75 million! Holy Crap! How can anyone be so worried about capturing the history of something that has only evolved as much as the stapler!

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
How many days before your account expires?

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
"How can anyone be so worried about capturing the history of something that has only evolved as much as the stapler!"

Real men use Swinglines. Bostitches make you look like you're humping a football. If I have to explain you wouldn't understand.

Staple at work, work at Staples.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Too bad no one other than HD corporate cares enough to start the museum - 20 Acres - 2 for the display, 10 for the oil dry, 4 for spare parts, 2 for the fresh oil and 2 with large fans to get the nasty smell out of the building.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Makes perfect sense. When you base your product line on sentiments like 'tradition' 'heritage' and the like, NOT having a museum is actually pretty odd. HD has been such a slave to tradition, their recent efforts with the V-Rod, etc. seem almost otherworldly. I wish they'd spend the millions on R&D for some truly modern bikes instead.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Architects are amazing. It doesn't even look like a bar. Maybe they mistook "salon" for "saloon". No amount of glass and steel can compare to an atmosphere of dark wood soaked in beer.

Look at all the motorcycle parking. Is there any bicycle parking? I want a drive thru beer fountain. It could be sponsored (and paid for) by Budweiser with a constant stream of Bud Lite coming from the apropriate anatomy of a giant clydesdale. And a sound shell where you can rev your bike and have the focused sound drop birds from the sky.

I need the exact coordinates so I can position my wrenches at the end of the day to point in the direction of the new Mecca.

Jealous Gold Wing rider.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.