Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Second post, same dude. I liked the review, but I have to recommend some improved editing. If you want to be a professional magazine, you need to sound like one.

See, e.g., "Maura Thompson, of the Motor Clothes division of Harley-Davidson was nice enough to offer Jen and I some gear to wear for the trip, and of course, we accepted graciously;" "It fits good and has plenty of padding and comfort."

Yikes! Do you want to hire me? I'll edit for money and even test ride the bikes for free!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Motor clothes? Road gear? give me a break. Made in China, over priced, more like poser gear. I understand that "motor clothes" account for 25% of H-D's sales. I guess it's great if your a stockholder. I would'nt be caught dead in any of it. Great marketing though. Each to thier own I guess. I think I'll go for a ride now. Adios

·
Registered
12 Posts
We want more of Jen

Just quietly:

Why haven't we seen more of Jen (if she's a MO-Staffer)? You're not withholding other goodies like that, are you?

Remember: Nice girls go with bad motorcycles...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Queens English

Ha

This is one of the best reviews I’ve read on motorcycle clothing. Let’s face it, it’s not easy to review something so simple yet as complex as motorcycle accessories.

As to grammar errors.

If I wanted the Queens English, I would subscribe to a British magazine.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Excellent Review

Great review. Jen looks great in the stuff. Have to admit Harley has a way with black leather. Good thing I am stockholder huh. Hmmm I need a new jacket......

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Wouldn't it be great if there were no more poseurs?

No more lawyers riding Heritage Springers and sporting fake tattoos and long haired wigs.

And no more dweebs cruising on sportbikes down the boulevard in power ranger suits.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Hey, wait a second, isn't this the "kinder, gentler" Seruzawa? What happened?

BTW, you left out ciggie smoking ***** piloting Kawasaki Vulcans.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Good review, alot of "branded" apparel is cheesey and low quality. Obviously thats not the case here, thickness counts with leather (among other things) looks like HD's figured that one out.

I guess you're saving the fringed arm, finger and weanie chaps for a differant review, Eh longride?

Your girlfriend's fine, you're a lucky man.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like the boot covers.

I rode across the Korean peninsula recently during a typhoon. It was early morning, I was hung over, and it was a horrible ride: rain, fog, mountain passes, nasty curves with gravel and mud wash, a rising sun in my eyes, very cold, etc.

To keep my boots and pant cuffs dry, I ended up using plastic grocery bags with rubber straps and duct tape around my calves. It worked wonders.

So though the ride was horrible, wet feet would have made it impossible.

These boot covers are the first, and so far only, Harley-Davidson product I've seen that are of any use. I will order myself a pair.

-g

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
The kinder gentler seruzawa.....

....is in remission.

There used to be a gang of lesbian bikers in the Hollywood area. They all sported butch haircuts, T-shirts, chains, etc. and rode black stock DOHC Honda CB750Fs. I never remember seeing them with ciggies. However I wouldn't have the guts to call them poseurs to their faces. I'd rather face a gang of Hell's Angels.

Well, facing Hell's Angels might not be that bad these days. They seem to be largely old decrepit burned-out guys who have taken so many drugs for so long that they can't even ride any more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Be interested to hear more about riding in Korea. I served over there a long time ago and one of the dreams I have is to see the place again, this time on a motorcycle. It would definitely have to be in the spring or summer, though. Their winters are like the northeastern US or Canada.

Joe Berk

www.joeberkphotography.com

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.