Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

· MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts
Re: Opportunity knockings!

"In order for it to be possible, to reverse the balance of the swing arm, be in the adjustment of the asorber cushion which gives impact in the 2nd notch of the cushion the right, guarantee this setting which is not disturbed."

· Registered
955 Posts
Selling Harleys in China?

I don't know, man. They're still Pi$$ed about giving 'em opium.

Wonder if you could trade a Sportster for one of those female Chinese -acrobats that can turn themselves in-side-out. Now, there's a deal you'll never find on Ebay.

Be kinda rough on the funiture, but they'd be more fun than a Sporty.

· Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
But the Japanese are trying to coyly copy Harleys, and try to make it look like they aren't really copying. The Chinese will make that FatBoy look just like the original. They won't try to change a thing. Hell, they will copy all the models and sell em back here for 1/3 of the price! They can call them Howry/Davidsons.

· MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts
Re: Opportunity knockings!

Can you say E-M-G-O?

· MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts
Re: Harey-Davidson set to roar into China

Untill one of them snapped your neck like a dry twig between their powerfull thighs.

"Oops, so solly". "I love you no shi*, buy me Honda".

· Registered
33 Posts
You are right about bans on motorcycles in Beijing and other flat land cities. I only saw a few small capacity cucles and mopeds and a couple of old Ural type bikes with side cars (Russian copies of BMW).

In Guangzhou and other hilly cities in the interior there were a bunch of small capacity motorcycles and mopeds.

It is possible to get a motorcycle permit in Beijing if you know someone and are willing to pay. In addition if you are a party member or a kid of one then no sweat!

I saw a Chinese Ural and sidecar with a huge thumping stereo blasting up and down Chang An street in BJ. They were party member kids I was told.

· Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: Think about the market for arm chaps

Like the way you think, son. You've got moxie. And you just earned yourself a promotion. Pack your bags, you're moving to Din-ha-wah-eeh province, Mr. National Sales Director.

But I'll have to take your name suggestion under advisement until I hear from the board.

· Registered
57 Posts
I love you China shots. My wife is Chinese and we have been to China 4 times in the last couple years. It is great to see another westerner see and experience the same things I have when I was there. I was blown away by how nice everyone was and how much people likes Americans and if they spoke any English they wanted to practice with you.

I love it there, and we hope someday to move. I had to laugh about the driving part. As someone who lives in LA I still freak out in the car when I am in China. It is common to be going down the wrong way at breakneck speeds with inches separating you from a crash. In Guangzhou I have never seen so many motorcycles in my life, and those guys have big brass balls as they will slide between cars at speed like water. Every moment I expected someone to die, but this was business as usual for them and their sidesaddled passengers.

· Registered
57 Posts
On a funny note, Audi's and VW's are considered crappy there, although you see them ALL over the road and most taxis are VWs. Audis and VW in China are built in China. General Motors Shanghai makes all the US cars.

More and more it is BMWs and Mercedes. Everyone wants one. Imported cars cost about 2 to 3 times as much in China as the States. Ferrari opened a dealership in Shanghai last time I was there. SUVs are also slowly starting to catch on because stupid Americans love them.

What does China get with it's new found car passion? Out of control acid rain and huge lines in many places for gas.

I was happy to see many bikers (not motorized) had moved up to pedal powered electric bikes. Peddle a short distance then cruise for a while.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.