Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Tough times all around. Harley's sales are in the gutter along with the Jappers and everyone else. Guess you have to cut back but too bad for Buell, Erik came up with some really good ideas, they are what the Sportster should have become

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
The problem was the whole Buell brand in the first place. They should have called them Sportsters. The Sporty was always supposed to be Harleys performance bike and the Buell is that concept in reality. The current edition of the Sportster would then become a Roadster and marketed that way with the low seats and all that crap.

That eliminates the whole antipathy between HD and their dealers about getting Buell jammed down their throats, they can display them as Harley Sportbikes, HD only guys that wanted a hot rod would have it right there in front of them.......the clouds would part, angels would sing, the streets would be paved with gold coins and cagers would pull over and park in shame as the faithful rode by...........

well maybe not but they still should be Sportsters. HD has it's head up it's ass as usual.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
They seem to sell pretty well around here, we have a lot of short people I guess

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Pathetic doesn't begin to cover it. He gets banned the first time he pops his head up, you'd think the SOB would catch on after awhile.

Anyway, I can see HD dropping unprofitable models just like everyone else has done. The advantage Harley has is that they use the same two big twin engines in every model, they use the same frames in each model group, same forks and most other componants like wiring and switch gear, all those add up to streamline production and parts supply and lower costs overall. The Japanese on the other hand use a different engine frame and running gear for each model and almost each year so their costs per unit as a percentage are going to be higher, the only thing in their favor is lower labor costs, pricewise it's not reflected in the product because they're on par or more than competitive models from HD, add in Harleys desirability and owner loyalty and it's a safe bet they'll ride this out like they have every other downturn in the last 100 years.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Interesting that he IS exactly what he's denigrating in his silly missive you quoted.

Typical Lefty Projection.
That's a good point, a little self-loathing thrown in the mix with whatever other psychosis he displays.....

Probably be the next Ted Bundy

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
In light of "FreedomPilot's" comments, I retract everything I've posted here.
Quite alright old bean..perfectly understandable.

Believe me we don't encourage the fool we ban him every time he sticks his head up. The guy is simply too f*cking stupid to believe that he is not welcome here. We as moderators have tried everything to accommodate the guy if he would only act like a rational human being and contribute something yet he has proven himself incapable of anything other than the same old off the wall crap he's been coming up with for years.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
I can get a used Busa for a lot less than that and I think would rather have that than the Buell.
Typical America hating pinko commie, go ahead and choke on your Jap Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go buy a Buell RIGHT NOW Dammit!!!!!!!!

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
A nice Ully would be fun.............

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Since you asked........

I didn't buy the Buelly Uly because the Electraglide fitted my needs better
Same reason I didn't buy the K1300GT, R1250RT or VStrom. Actually the Vstrom is uglier than a bag of hammered ass-holes so I'd need one of those iridium visors to even ride it....

The rest of Buells line-up is just to cramped for my creaky bones, as are most other non Harley's these days..

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
I dunno' I don't think the Vision looks that bad, I'd call it Unique as opposed to ugly.....I'm afraid the 1200C is a pooch no matter how you slice it

To be fair Kenny ol' bud I'm sure when you're riding a Vstrom and all you can see is the windshield and instruments then you can pretend the rest of the bike isn't so offensive to the eye, I mean it's almost not as ugly as a KTM.............

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Fire sale prices eh? but then it is Chicago......

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Alright! I have a case of Alaskan Amber Ale in the garage fridge I'm sure you'll enjoy ......let me know when you're about 1/2 hr out and I'll get some pizza delivered.....

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
But that's exactly why I bought it! Acres and acres of motorcycle, and it's ALL MINE!!! Besides, size does matter. I heard that on teevee just this morning.
Hate to break it to you Ken, but when you get to be our age it's the size of your wallet the women are looking at, not the size of your...umm..."ride"...

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
At this point in the game I wouldn't ride anything else. All the bikes I lust after now are different Harley models. I guess I've become a one trick pony but I don't feel I have anything to prove anymore, I buy what I like and what fits my current riding enviroment. Other than a few of the new Moto Guzzi's and Beemers, Harley makes what I like .

That's the problem with the Japanese "cruiser" models, you could give me one free and I wouldn't ride it. I'm just not interested and there are a substantial number of Harley owners who feel the same way, I've owned and ridden almost every style and manufacturer made and aside from some vintage European motocrossers and street bikes I'm not too interested. The Japanese bikes that I do like they won't import here like the CB1100 prototype Honda so screw 'em

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
What a bunch of sh*t for brains. We're witnessing the end of American capitalism and the funny part is the ass holes are doing it to themselves.

Boeing, Harley, GM, Chrysler..all of them are being ass-raped by the same capitalist pigs who are grossly overpaid "best and brightest" that ran our banking institutions into the ground, aided and abetted by our ****** in Chief that handed out 700 billion dollar Christmas presents to them and is getting ready to hand over our sovereignty to a bunch of c*ck breath euro commies. Mao was right all along, we sold them the very rope they'll hang us with

Time to start the revolution, Lock and Load motherf*cker

1 - 15 of 15 Posts