Motorcycle Forums banner
121 - 140 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man! That is a shame indeed. I was quite looking forward to the new Buell models. What is left in the Harley Davidson dinosaurs. I think Harley Davidson made a mistake with this decision. The market is going to become more competitive not less. People who want to buy American but don't like the old technology, inefficient and heavy Harleys will look elsewhere. Buell was a breath of fresh air. I really thought Buell was Harley Davidson’s life boat, now they have lost that. Perhaps Buell can go it alone; maybe Erik Buell can do this now.
Aaron5001

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Since you asked........

I didn't buy the Buelly Uly because the Electraglide fitted my needs better
Same reason I didn't buy the K1300GT, R1250RT or VStrom. Actually the Vstrom is uglier than a bag of hammered ass-holes so I'd need one of those iridium visors to even ride it....

The rest of Buells line-up is just to cramped for my creaky bones, as are most other non Harley's these days..

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
I think their fun to ride, any twin engine sportbike can be fun. The shorter wheel base on the Harley makes for a quick-steer into corners and it wheelies or, stops on a dime. For me its a twin. Thats it. Buell, Suzuki every twin I'v rode I'v liked. To buy it though for me would be a differnt story all together. In compairison if your talking twins theirs alot more proven product out their with alot more parts floating around used. One key ingredient when owning a sportbike imo, cheap-used-parts.

On cheap new bike note, had a customer come in today said Honda had mysteriously uncovered still in the crate 2007 VFR's and where selling them with a 1yr warranty for 7k. Translation: They ran the line at the factory too long and are still trying get ride of them-they've just lowered the price more.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Funny they seem to have quite a following. I'm told they work really well, despite the ugliness. :D
Only the 1000's work really well. The Wees are a great buy for the money, but motorcyclists in the know choose the DL1000 for an astoundingly capable mix of power, performance, comfort, and practicality. Ugly? Only puzzies and posers care about what any one thinks about their bike's appearance.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I dunno' I don't think the Vision looks that bad, I'd call it Unique as opposed to ugly.....I'm afraid the 1200C is a pooch no matter how you slice it

To be fair Kenny ol' bud I'm sure when you're riding a Vstrom and all you can see is the windshield and instruments then you can pretend the rest of the bike isn't so offensive to the eye, I mean it's almost not as ugly as a KTM.............

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Alright! I have a case of Alaskan Amber Ale in the garage fridge I'm sure you'll enjoy ......let me know when you're about 1/2 hr out and I'll get some pizza delivered.....

·
Registered
901 Posts
Confirmed Buell pricing from a nearby dealer:

2009 1125R $5,836.00
2009 1125CR $5,836.00
2009 XB12R $6,196.00
2010 XB9SX $6,149.00
2009 XB12XT $8,656.00

Anybody in?
Which dealer? Crap! If I didn't already own two perfectly good bikes and wasn't working on paying down my debt, I'd buy one of those 1125CR's in a heartbeat. Is that price plus tax then out the door?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
To be fair Kenny ol' bud I'm sure when you're riding a Vstrom and all you can see is the windshield and instruments then you can pretend the rest of the bike isn't so offensive to the eye, I mean it's almost not as ugly as a KTM.............
But that's exactly why I bought it! Acres and acres of motorcycle, and it's ALL MINE!!! Besides, size does matter. I heard that on teevee just this morning.

121 - 140 of 188 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.