Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Interesting. Nice to see the motor company has been doing something like this. I know everyone says "LOLZ Harley Enjuneers just mak widgets bettor lulz!" and maybe this will quiet them a little.

Though more that likely, I'll hear about how "Piaggo did it first, Harley is a rip-off and the engine in the V-Rod is a Porsche Engine blah blah blah."

I'd be really interested to see them bring this to market. Hm

·
Registered
730 Posts
Something I just noticed was that the drawings are all with the air cooled big twin rather than the Revolution powerplant. You would think that this would be a good place for the water cooled mill...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Did you know that HD built a V-4 liquid cooled bike in the 80's? It was another design done with Porsche. Apparently quite a few prototypes were built, but never made it to production.
Actually I did, but only because I went to the new Museum in Milwaukee. They have one on the floor there but I'm pretty sure it's mostly clay model rather than an actual one (they tell you that on the card). It looks cool in a very 80's sort of way. I wonder what the motorcycleing world would be like it it had been built (and succeeded).

·
Registered
730 Posts
It was worth going to but I thought it was a little overpriced for what it was. I've heard some people say that it's too industrial, but I thought it was nice nice architecture. That being said, I'm one of the few who likes the UIC campus in Chicago (built in the "Brutalism" school of architecture - no kidding). Motorcycle parking is free throughout Milwaukee, or so I've been told.

If you go, make sure to visit the Milwaukee Art Museum. The building alone (Calatrava's first building in the US - it's amazing) is worth seeing and there is a very good collection of Eastern European Art. Makes a good trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts