Skankiest Old Lady?

Longest Train?

Most Parts Shed per Mile?

Lowest Odomoter Reading per Model Year?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I would like to apologize for not having anything meaningful to add to this discussion. The prospect of finally scoring a 1st post was just too much temptation for me to resist.

That said, I wouldn't mind checking it out just once if the opportunity arose. As it is, the Laconia Rally is about an hour's ride away and usually make a day trip up there every year. It's worth seeing it just to check out the bikes, posers and other spectacles. Not really my cup of tea, but entertaining nonetheless.

·
Registered
36 Posts
One of Harley's activities ought to be taking the wraps off a modern engine design for the Buells. I really want to like the Buells, and since I'm currently in the market for another twin, now would be a great time for that. If only they could buy some engines from KTM and stuff them into the XBs.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Re: Lookout bigdx is already pi$$ed off

Don't dare to mention anything negative about HD, I think bigdx used to be a regional HD sales rep but was probabley discharged for improper conduct.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Gotta go with Bigdx on this. Every spring, the first bikes I see on the road are Beemers and Harleys, and they're the last to get put away in November.

The Beemer guys are the rain & cold champs, though. When the weather's crap, Beemers are all you see on two wheels.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Couple of years ago, I stopped in at Blue Moon BMW here in ATL (Norcross) to pick up an oil filter kit for the Airhead. It was about 35 & raining...close to Thanksgiving....there were SEVERAL riders (wet 'stitches all akimbo) in for a rest, hot coffee, tires, oil changes etc., prior to traveling on to Mexico. And they were not spending the night. And they were not young, either.

Not the first time I've seen such interestingness from BMW folks. Nor will it be the last.

Come to think of it, that old R100RT (monolever model, natch) does provide amazing protection and ventilates pretty ok, too.

No comments yet on "Faarken-aye" concho's, arm chaps, doo rags & what have yah??? And no rants on HD this & that other than a brief dx apperance? Oh, yes. It is Monday. Off to the salt mines for me...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.