Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: Honda bulletproof?

I don't like to tempt the fates but at almost 70k miles my TC88 Road King is still just as good as your Glide; tires and routine maint for the most part. I've had a minor problem with oil blowback into the breather but that's about it.

My Honda ST1100 however, while it has yet to become an oil burner at over 74,000 miles, has had odd little problems like: a kill switch which had to be replaced at about 30k (that little bytch tried to strand me in Arizona) and a cracked piece on the intake manifold which leaked anti-freeze everywhere. Also I have to replace the rear shock every 30,000 miles. All of these have been fixed under the extended warrenty but that expired in June so it'll be up to me now. Oh and I need to replace the clutch but that's my fault. Did you know a 700 lb, shafty can wheelie? It can and it's really cool.

My only problem with the Harley is I have to remember to change the oil to a thinner viscosity (from 20w50 to 10w40) during the winter months. She'll start and run below 15 degrees (Fuel injection is great!) but she bytches alot. Lots of creaks and growns from every joint. Kinda like me.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: Honda bulletproof?

Tell your buddy to get his low rider back to the dealer. It sounds like a pinched o-ring in the primary. I know they had a problem with that a couple years ago. I believe there is a shop bulletin on it. Once he gets that little sucker fixed he'll likely not have anymore problems at all. Do this of course only if you care about another non-wingnut motorcyclist.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.