Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: Honda bulletproof?

lol. I only have about 11,000 on my 2002 Wing and not a single problem. My buddy, on the other hand, had his Brand new Low Rider for about two months before there were oil spots on his shed floor! LOL. My garage floor is clean!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: Facts vs. Hype

Harley makes a ton of money becasue they never redesign their bikes. They must have made their money back about 30 years ago and now it is all gravy. If people line up to buy it, why change?

Honda sells more motorcycles world wide than any other maker...I would say they are doing quite well in the marketplace.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Sucks for him. My Wing has only has a single recall for a possible over heating issue. I never had it overheat or even close to overheating, so no biggy for me.

Lucky Honda did not make him pay to have their known defects fixed like certain other manufacturers do.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: Hawgs

Alls that is, is marketing. Harley has to be the most successful marketeer in the world. The reason you see so few Harleys in a junkyard is people are crazy for anything that says HD on it, they pay outrageous sums of money for it.

I am glad I am immune to such marketing ploys.

·
Registered
118 Posts

outside of Philly. I do ride in the winter a bit, but they ***** the roads all up with cinders and salt once we get our first snow, so it makes corners kinda scary after that.

·
Registered
118 Posts

shortride, you really need to get laid or something. All's I said is that Harley has to be to most successful marketing company in the world. You take that as an insult? I never said Honda does not market thier products. Where did you come up with that from?

I am not a wrencher, so if i have a problem, sure, I will take it to the dealer. Will I have my current Wing forever? Probably not. I would like to own some other bikes before I die. Right now, I wouldn't mind that Rocket III, a used Valk (or hopefully they will make a new one), i even like that new Softail Deluxe.

LOL. Right...no one likes Wings.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: Wings in Junk Yards? Huh?

He only went around the world once? A few months ago I remember reading about a guy who had just completed his fourth trip around the world on a Gold Wing.

·
Registered
118 Posts

Thought? I looked at the K1200LT, Gold Wing, and Electra Glide. The Wing offered better all-around performance than either of those bikes, and I liked the styling better too. For what you get, the BMW and HD are way over-priced in my opinion....you are paying to have that BMW logo or the HD logo.

See, I don't care what name is on my bike...I care about the bike. To me, the Wing is the better bike. A lot of people have to have that HD name on their bike, no matter what. That is called Branding, which is directly related to Marketing. Kinda like in the 80's when you had those little animals on your shirts. Izod had the alligator, Sears had a Dragon and JC Penny had a Fox.

You wanted to wear the Alligator to show off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.