Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I don't know if I qualify as a canyon squid but I was subjected to a dose of Dirty ass-handing a few months ago. I believe I was on the FZ-6 which is the new King of Vibration.

I can't wait to see that new Cloisonne' emblem!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yahoo first post! When the heck is Harley going to come out with a bike to replace my Fxrt.I want a V-Rod (detuned for Mpg and torque) powered sport-touring bike with at least a 200 mile range good hard bags and comfortable riding position.

·
Registered
579 Posts
If I was buyin' a HD, and I'm sure one day I will... It would be a sporty... A 1200 with screamin' eagle everything. I dig the fat look tanks that showed up last year.

Now if they would just use more black, and less chrome... I know I know... blasphemy.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Well, I guess it depends on youir definition of capable and best engineered. As an all-around bike, a Sportster is considerably more capable than a V-Rod. If you are talking about chassis engineering, a Sportster is also better. The only area a V-Rod has any advantage is in engine engineering (I know, that sounds dumb).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Actually my 5'1" wife fit pretty well on the standard 883 except she had trouble reaching the clutch and brake levers with her tiny little hands. That doesn't seem to be one of the things they addressed on the new "L".

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
How astute, the cloisonne' emblem is what seals the deal for me also!

No really I've always liked Sporty's, they seem to be getting better every year. I wish they'd have kept the Sport model but it looks like the Roadster has eveything it needs.

If I could just get the Rocket 111 out of my head I might buy one. It's on the list anyway....

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Sounds cool, We're heading down to Bend Oregon in August for the PNW Rat Raid.

We've got our room reserved, gramma's watching the girls and I just got a dividend check for a grand.

Life is good.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Ours was kind of a last minute "let's do an overnight" kind of ride.

Friday morning I woke up in Washington DC and Saturday night I was sleeping in Kernville, CA of all places. I rode from the coast to the desert to the mountains thru oilfields into more mountains and then down the coast back home.

The politicians I met in DC were probably more diverse than the landscape!

·
Registered
246 Posts
That new cloisonne is the H-D equivalent of the Bold New Graphics often pitched as updates by the Japanese companies. Harley's not the only company that introduces "improved" bikes with no significant changes. OK, they do it more often than the others, but...

1 - 20 of 127 Posts