Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Why am I the only person that finds it hillarious that HD has to resort to oriental design practices to inhance the look of their products. Cloisonné, next they will include bone china switch gear, then they can redesign all their dealerships using fung shui, to enhance the spincter penetration experience most rubers want to experience.

BNG for HD.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Pant, pant, pant. I can "hardley" keep pace with all the EXCITING changes! WOW! Golly GEE, Mr. Wizard- forward foot controls! Gosh, I just can't stand the excitement!

Ahhh, I feel better now.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Well I recently looked over the websites for the Big 4 and aside from the redesigns of the literbikes there is a singular lack of any meaningful change in streetbikes there either.

We already saw Suzuki's attempt last week to pretend that minor changes to their own aging cruiser lineup were a bold new step forward.

Whoopdeedoo.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Most manufacturers don't redesign every year, as we all know. The sales department has to make it sound like it though. New paint color, yipee! 1" rear Axle, all right! Rebadge the cruiser line, cool! 100 year aniversary model, sign me up!

Its the same old marketing BS like usuall, don't matter if its yamahonsuzukaworhardly

·
Registered
409 Posts
At least the changes were not the Big 4's Bold New Graphics type....

Geez, some people, never satidified. just think of all the custom wheels, sprockets and rotors that now don't fit Sporsters! Don't you know that Drag Specialties just shat a brick....

·
Registered
579 Posts
I really dug the 883R with the black pipes... but I don't really understand... Why not put the cool racing scheme on a 1200 with an adjustable suspension? Maybe drag bars? or hell.. clipons! That'd be fun!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Harley Sporkster catch & release

Why, oh why, doesn't Harley come out with something akin to the old XLCR? Dual carbs, big air cleaners, 1000 cee cees. Now that combo would sell big time nowadays.

Maybe something with the smog rules...or squid bait. "Ouch, those air cleaners hurt my thigh, and got oil all over my pants."

I guess we're doomed to 1 inch axles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow! What changes! What innovation! Their prices should decrease each year following the depriciation of the engineering that went into these bikes 30 years ago.

What next? Add another 50 pounds so they can make the frame or swingarm or axles or handlebars 5% more stiff? Come on Harley - show some ingenuity.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Let me amend this: As Harley does not espose innovation as their core competency I applaud them for pandering to their demographic.

Which makes me wonder about the correlation between the number of dentists who now own Harleys and the parallelism of the advances in dentistry and Harley motorcycles over the past 100 years.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Cloisonne` is a French method not oriental, unless they picked it up during their Indo-China excapades. I think it's quite a bit older than that though.

Besides HD wouldn't use any commie-wang junk on their bikes, they are American Made down to the last nut and bolt. Thats why they have American flags flying off the back of them just like a boat.

21 - 40 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.