Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I agree. I bought a Yamaha Roadstar Silverado. They took a 12 year old Suzuki Intruder 1400 in trade with 70k on it and gave me 2800 for it. HD gave me looks like I insulted them when I asked about trading the Suzuki in on at Flhtcu. I'm sorry 8k in my pocket and a lot more time in the saddle rather than in the shop count for a lot more than resale value. You have to factor out the expense of down time and parts from HD's ego inflated pricing. Even still that doesn't cover the 8K I saved. Factor into this equasion that I put in 30k a year in the saddle in New England and it's a no brainer! When I'm done with a bike, it's worth a grand or 2 tops, I don't care who makes it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got an Intruder 1400 (used, a few years and low miles old) and love the bike (would like belt drive but am happy with reliable). Can't find accessories (saddle bags, shorter springs), and ??? about your take between your new and old rides since I looked seriously at the Roadstar. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.