Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you're an investor, you really can't flame anything about them. I don't buy their products (bikes, gear, clocks, oven mittens, etc.), but they know their market better than almost any other company. Highwayman, I think the largest single shareholder is AXA Financial--a FRENCH corporation! Where is the outrage?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
A french investment house? I guess they can revive the amf era "great American FREEDOM machines" add campaign. People can slam HD all day long but they've got making money down to an art.

·
Registered
144 Posts
they make good overly priced bikes long on durability short on hp . Actually very reliable

machines geared more towards reasonable road manners then you average bike. They are without a doubt king of the cruiser. The financial stats are no surprise to me. Long live HD. Things don't last for 100 years unless there is some true value. One squids nightmare is another hogs dream.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Although pleased with H-D's "current" financial performance, I am also concerned about H-D's "future" performance given its market segment. I see new H-D showrooms being built, factory expansion, but a waning segment market and little to bring in the necessary younger buyer in the numbers needed. My favorite engine theme--the V twin, but H-D needs to expand into other markets to hold onto its market share. After this year the 100th Anniversary models will no longer be in the showrooms and there will be a void that H-D needs to fill with innovation versus celebration; continued recruiting, retaining and challenging talent to move H-D to the leading edge of technology, business and financial management; further diversification into international markets.

H-D showrooms are now more customer friendly and they are moving to solicit a different clientele to keeps sales up. I stand firmly behind H-D and applause their success. I stand even firmer in the hopes that H-D continues this trend well into the future. Harley-Davidson...an American icon.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Thank you

To all H-D Customers thank you. As a H-D stockholder thanks for your continued support. My confidence that H-D can market overpriced and low tech classic motorcycles to aging baby boomers is renewed. I am concerned that future revenues will slow due to the baby boomers dying off and lack of exciting product for Gen X and Gen Y bikers. Contrary to some MOrons, I don't think that as folks get older they will gravitate to cruisers. H-D's market is not guaranteed by aging.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Re: Thank you

What is being forgotten here is that H-D is more than a motorcycle--it is now American Culture. And America as the young country that it is and with H-D being a century old...well, H-D is now etched into the fabric of American society. Here, H-D shines in a way no other motorcycle company even comes close to. H-D will make it in the future and H-D's future is bright. Since H-D is one of the most recognized companies in the entire world, all bets go to H-D. What is also amazing and worth a chuckle is how well so-called "low-tech" is doing. As some motorcycles become faster-and-faster I have seen very few riders with the actual skill-sets to ride them to their potential--and even less places to realize their potential. America's highways and roads are not the place to ride some of these motorcycles for some riders as they abuse their privilege of riding with stunts and speeds best suited for the track or controlled environments. H-D still has many a year ahead to engage in any direction in the motorcycling world it so desires...who knows what surprises H-D still has up its sleeve? What ever they are you can bet the motorcycling world will take notice.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.