Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's a great idea and a good start. The site is easy to use, offers good information about each road in a clear manner, etc.. (e.x. travel times and amenities, etc..)

Only thing it needs is more and more roads. It looks like it's got less then 50. If it had 1000 it'd be priceless, and maybe it will in time.

This is a great use of the web, and a great contrast to say HRCA, which stupidly puts very similar information in the magazine but leaves it off the website. (Which I then throw away!)

·
Registered
140 Posts
The beauty of motorcycling is not about being told where to go or what’s best, it’s about the adventure and the personal discovery in getting there.

Quote by Joe Barker

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had a great time riding the skyline parkway over the shenendaoah valey, (I think its misspelled) anyways the only silver lining to sharing this increadable road with 30 some odd harleys and their deafening cacaphony of 20 mph rolling road block was I could hear them coming in time to exit whatever scenic vista pulloff I was enjoying and be on my way before I got stuck behind em. I was by no means driving recklessly, but I think to enjoy those kind of curves you got to be doing 40 through em, i see no need to decelerate to 10 mph to make it around a corner, just as it is foolish to accelerate to 100 between corners, fun as it may be.

I guess had I really been flying it would have not matered, I would have blown their sadlebags off around the next blind curve, but then I allways wonder if karma will be waiting with a buick to spoil my day. guess I will continue to pull off when trafic impedes my fun factor.

Oh, I almost missed my point, If you have a great road DON'T TELL ANYONE!!!! before you know it, it will be drowning in cruisers and squids, and the cops that negative attention atracts. enjoy it for yourself, maybe a couple of friends, and go ahead and forward those road sugestions to me.

Before the HD crowd lights off their flame throwers, do not missunderstand me, I have nothing against you or your right to enjoy the same roads I do, I just prefer to not be crawling along behind you sucking exhaust. besides the only thing my bike does well at 20 mph besides stop is accelerate or wheelie, sometimes both at once.

·
Registered
238 Posts
All I have to say is Hwy 9 in NorCal with a fresh set of kneepucks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hmmmmm.... I can't figure this one out.

"Maybe if we make them think they're actually participating in something that actually requires them to stay on their bikes longer! Longer rides! Higher odometer readings! Faster trade-ins!"

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think this is a great idea. Knowing where the good riding locations are when you are taking a trip far from home is nice.

And maybe all the previous arrogant harley haters will check it out too so they can stay the hell away from me when I'm out enjoying a ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't own anything manufactured by the Motor Company, but I think this is pretty cool... kind of a like a tripadvisor.com for motorcyclists, and already useful in planning a long ride. As others have said, hopefully it will get even better with more user feedback and reviews.

I noticed that Harley is using a LOT of route info from byways.org -- also a good resource when planning a trip. Byways is funded by the gov't, though, so it doesn't have links to area businesses, or comments linked to each destination... plus it's car-centric, of course.

I used to like to peek at pashnit.com. For several years that guy has been posting tons of awesome photos, mostly of CA roads, and writing very well too -- he's a motorcycle photoessayist, really, but there's a lot of practical information packed in. Heroically, he never wanted ads, and I noticed the site recently went subscription to cover bandwith costs. Understandable, but sadly it will probably shrink his audience a lot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: Favorite Roads for Harleys

Isn't that what HDs are good for? Good hiway cruising. Send them to Deal's Gap and there will be lots of grinding going on! No wonder they send em down Interstates!

·
Registered
26 Posts
OK, my language was a little too harsh, I was in a bad mood last night, I just get tired of reading negative comments any time the name Harley Davidson is ever mentioned in these forums. I always wave no matter what type of bike I meet, we are all brothers on two wheels, heck if I could afford it I would have one of them too and probably will one day.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you have a Harley Owners Group "Platinum" level membership, H-D will arrange for a shuttle service so ya don't have to round-trip it on these scenic routes, at the end of the ride your truck and trailer'll be right there waiting for ya!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.