Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they will be able to keep the doors open through '06. I hope the 96 inch motor and new tranny doesn't end the 20 year growth spree. Flash in the pan.

·
Registered
285 Posts
HHMmmmmmmmm.... I smell conspiracy....

Looks like my idea of a Harley/Walmart/Microsoft/Time Warner Conglomerate are just a few steps from fruition!

HA HA hahahahahahahahahahah!!!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent Harley! Nice new website for the 07s... It's all downhill from here till you go out of business in 2016 ...:) just kidding... Now put some money in a proper powerplant for the Buell...It's the future...Don't see many young guys on Harleys out here in the Blue States. Last weekend saw nothing but 20 somethings on R6s, GSXRs etc. It was a little warm out here i.e 80s so the GPTB must of been hiding out in the air conditioned bars.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: HHMmmmmmmmm.... I smell conspiracy....

Yep at one time Walmart's growth was kind of scary...Especially those super Walmarts with the grocery store, gas pumps, food service, etc...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Perhaps they'll ear mark part of these profits for Buell R&D? It sure would be nice if Buell were able to finish a race without needing to be pushed across the finish line.

Or they could just buy a trailer and run races pulling the bike with a truck?

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts

Fortunately the conspiracy was narrowly averted when the govt stepped in and stopped the robber baron Walmart's nefarious plans to continue to grow by forcing everyone to shop there.

And here I thought that Walmart got big because people willingly shopped there.

(eyes rolling)

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
I noticed absolutely no sportbikes out of the 20 or so bikes I saw commuting yesterday. About 5 of those were HD's. The rest were naked standards and metric cruisers. It's amazing how many old garage queens have been resurrected in the last few weeks around here.

I know this has been said before but it bears repeating, "Has there ever been anyone more full of shyt than broomhandle boy?"

·
Registered
138 Posts
Logically speaking, it is impossible for the good times to continue forever. KPaul may be wrong about the date, but there *will* be a downtown for Harley in the future, the question is simply when.

My guess is about when the internal combustion engine starts to see real competition. Seeing as a new company just introduced a two-seater electric roadster that will do 0-60 in 4s and go over 200 miles on a charge, methinks that day is closer rather than further away.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts

Really? And here I thought that all those people marching in lockstep with glazed eyes were Democrats!

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
Ok I'll bite.

A two seat electric roadster is going to eat into H-D Sales? It seems to me a really fast vehicle that will only go 200 miles has a better chance of hurting the sportbike market.

Personally, I like the internal combustion engine in its various forms. An electric vehicle may be practical someday but certainly not sexy.

Seriously, you work for the government, don't you?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hmmmm. Number one growth segment, interest charged to riders of Harley Davidsons (10.3% vs. bike sales at 10.0%). Thank-you Harley buyers.

Pretty good results, but just can't bring myself to buy any stock. I keep thinking they're just going to run out of customers. Hasn't happened yet.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Re: Ok I'll bite.

Electric vehicle. Hours to charge. Costs over twice as much in electric costs than using gasoline. Power plants burn more fossil fuels generating the charging current than would be burned in a comparably performing gasoline engine. That's right. EVs require more fossil fuels, not less, than comparable gasoline engines. The difference is even worse when compared to diesels.

Going to EVs would make us even more dependent on fossil fuels than we are now. You don't even cut down on smog emissions... you just move them elsewhere. They are a stupid idea so naturally govt bureaucrats and kicked-in-the-head wackos love them.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
Re: Ok I'll bite.

We had an article in the local fishwrap here about people moaning about GM sending all the EV1s to the crusher.

A whopping 800 "environmentalists" stepped up the plate and leased one when they were available.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.