Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dear Harley,

Glad to hear you are doing so well financially.

Please spend some of your fortune building a winning Superbike. Some of us would like to see an American company rule AMA and FIM Superbike racing, and why shouldn't we? Do you realize that you could bring in hundreds of thousands motorcycle racing fans and help to improve the image of motorcycling and racing in the process?

Harley, you have the power to change and impove the motorcycle industry, but will you be a typical corporation and choke to death on your own profits, or will you move on to a higher plane?

Signed,

Sleepless in the Saddle

·
Registered
44 Posts
Geez, enough is enough. Love to ride and ride what you love. I am sick of Harley bashing and "squid" bashing.

It doesn't matter what you ride. It's your attitude that matters. All bikes have their good, bad and ugly qualities. But why in the hell do some of us insist on straping our egos to a piece of metal?

We ride because it's fun. How we acheive our level of fun may be different than the guy on the Ducati or the cruiser, but the goal is the same.

I don't know about you guys but I would own "one of each" if I had the funds. Every bike has its own distinct personality and voice, and the feeling you get from riding different bikes is great. Instead of knocking a Harley or a sportbike, you should hook up with somebody who owns somthing you don't - and try riding it for an afternoon.

It's great to see an American company succeeding in our economy, especially a bike company with a history as rich as Harley Davidson's.

I own and ride 2 sport bikes, a ZX12R and a Honda VFR, but think that Harley has done more than any other manufacturer to keep motorcycling alive in the U.S. It just pains me that they are no longer part of the AMA superbike program, or in the FIM superbike program, they could create alot more enthusiasm for motorcycle racing here in the U.S. if they would develop a viable racing machine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.