Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew it! The bubble was going to burst, all those "old riders" were going to die off and nobody is going to buy Harley anymore! Er, oh, um, what I mean is, uh, Hey! Way to go Harley! Good to hear they're doing so well, anxiously awaiting that V-Rod engine in future model bikes, too!

luvmyvfr

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
longride has turned into the KPaulCook of Old!

First: longride, I wish you could just let it all go, you're an intelligent person, let the sportbike crowd deride the cruiser crowd and vice-versa. You're not going to change anyone's ideas with references, statistics, personal experiences or condecending "my $hI+ don't stink" attitude, even if you are right!. Sure, I can see defending your self if someone make an incorrect personal comment about you but jeez, you've responded to almost every comment on the board, and you're coming off sounding like Kpaul did before JB slammed him and made him his biaaatch. Oh, and Kpaul, I enjoy your posts so much more now that you’ve changed, but earlier, I was hoping you’d break your fingers and never be able to type again.

Second: Everybody - "The big 4" makes great motorcycles. "The Motor Company" makes great motorcycles. "The Italians" make great motorcycles. "The Brits" make great motorcycles. "The Americans make great motorcycles." "The Chinese" make cheap rip-offs of great motorcycles, but maybe someday they'll make great motorcycles too.

Third: None of them are perfect. All of them appeal to somebody, some appeal to all, and each appeals to somebody. There, I think I covered that. Don't say some other bike is better than mine, or mine is worse than some other model, 'cause guess what: I bought exactly what I love, and it's "the best."

Heck, I love to ride my dad's cruiser, my cousins Dual-purpose, my dirtbike (need more dirtbike stuff here...) my roommates old scooter (the thing would do 75!), my sport touring bike, pretty much anything with two wheels and some sort of internal combustion engine.

Lastly: Racing isn't a waste of money, any more than health care is a waste of money (you all gonna die someday), flying to the moon is a waste of money (do you like your GPS, Satellite TV, Cable, Live news feeds from the other side of the world etc.?), or your computer is a waste of money (you can exist without it, people have done it for millions of years). It may be a waste of money for Harley (they'd never win), it may be a waste of money for longride, but that doesn't make it a waste of money, period.

luvmyvfr

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Re: longride has turned into the KPaulCook of Old!

longride, you just didn't get it. Keep posting away, it's your reputation, in a sort of anonymous way. I don't mind your POV, I just tire of reading a "cruiser KPC". Post till you're blue in the fingers.

I never said you said any type of bike is better than another, and as you have written, "where have I posted such?" (although you must admit you've alluded that many are worse than others, or inferior to others, I won't waste my time pointing it out to you if you can't see it).

As for my fourth point, I see you agree with me, I didn't say racing wasn't a waste of money for Harley, as you're so fond of saying, "where have I posted such?" In fact, I said they'd never win, so it would be a waste of money for them! I mereley said racing in general wasn't a waste of money, and you assumed I meant that Harley should race.

I know you'll have to respond, because you can't let anything go, I think of all the time you must be wasting replying to nearly every post, and I hope your work doesn't suffer.

luvmyvfr

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Flattracking

I nearly forgot! "Whick of the big four race flattrack?" Why, Honda of course! They've made a RS600 flattrack motor, and Nicky Hayden has won several flattrack races in fact, when he isn't riding his faster bikes. (for a pic of his bike see http://home.sprynet.com/~ttewksbury/hayden.jpg) Now, I don't know if it's a Honda sponsered team (HRC or a dealership) that he's racing for, or if he does it for fun. Does HD make a "dirttracker" that they should race one? I've been in HD stores, and never did find a dirttracker. It was my impression that you bought a motorcycle and modified it for flattrack, so along your lines of thought, even though HD does have a sponsered team, if they race it, why don't they build it?

luvmyvfr

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Re: longride has turned into the KPaulCook of Old!

longride

show me where I said you can't post? In fact, I even said you were right! What problem do you think I have, exactly? I never said you have/had a problem, show me where did I post that? What personal attack did I make against you? Where did I post that? I agree with you on a good many points you make. I only wished you wouldn't stoop to the low level of the guys you often reply to. If somebody writes "cruisers suck" or "Harley sucks" you don't HAVE to respond. Do as you will though. I do sometimes enjoy reading the trolling.

luvmyvfr

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Re: Flattracking

Actually, I'm not wrong on every point! Fact of the matter is, I didn't "make many points", but you assumed I did. I didn't say the Honda factory raced, please re read. ("show me where I said "the HRC races flattrack", in fact, I said I didn't know if they did! A 'point' you missed). I did say Honda's are raced in flattrack (a 'point' you missed). The link was for anyone who wanted to see his bike, congrats on being so close to his bike, I guess that's cool.

I looked at the HD page and didn't see any flat track bike, maybe a link would help, as my crappy modem is too slow to peruse at depth. I still maintain that I have never seen one in a Harley store (the actual 'point' I made there that you missed, and I've been to many HD stores). Don't want a link to any AMA page, Flattracking is the nascar of motorcycle races.... YAWN. Oh, the Sportster 883 class is like the AHHRMA (or whatever it is), Harley only, right? Well, congrats to them on being champs. I can post whenever/wherever I like too, so get back to work, and get off my case.

luvmyvfr

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Yeah, longride is a nice guy!

I knew it! :)

Hey, like I've said, I really enjoy riding cruisers. They're cool. For me, it's a totally different way to ride (duh). For example, on a sportbike, it's the execution of the ride that I crave and enjoy, the corners, the badness, the stopping power, the acceleration and speed; on a cruiser it is the thrum of the engine, the torque, the look, the shine, the badness (again!) and taking the time to look around and really soak up the scenery.

I'd go riding with you anytime, longride, I'd even be happy as a clam to trade off and ride one of your bikes. No matter the marque or style. I may not approve if you wear an open helmet, or a tee-shirt or whatever (not saying you do, just an example) and I might let you know I dont' approve, but not in a mean way, and only because I care.

luvmyvfr

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Re: Flattracking

Dumb, dumb, dumb dumb DUMB! Is that how your theme song goes? I countered with nothing, didn't you get that? Talk about comprehension problems! Show me where I posted that Harley didn't make a flattrack model? I think if you look, you will find nothing of the sort in any of my comments, in fact, I'll save you the effort, I posted, "Does HD make a "dirttracker" that they should race one? I've been in HD stores, and never did find a dirttracker." So, to help with your reading comprehension, I'll analyze that for you. We have: 1. A question! 2. A statement that I have never seen a Harley flattracker in any of the HD stores I've been in! Maybe I'll leave you alone about motorcycles, 'cause you're obviously either never wrong (nobody is never wrong) or too arrogant to admit it. Since you have this wealth of knowledge, and are so inclined to share it, maybe you could be a sort of kind, supportive source of information, instead of being so condescending, and inflammatory. If you want to share a piece of cake with someone, serve it on a plate, don't tear a chunk out of the center of the cake with your bare hands and shove it in their face. P.S. I know more than you think about motorcycles, but again, you're to inflammed to read what I post clearly.

later,

luvmyvfr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.