Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: Time for Harley to invest in the next generation

Is owning Harley stock better than owning a Harley? I think you're right for now, and I too think they are headed in the right direction. Perhaps I'll own both some day. I have comtemplated buying Ducati stock; perhaps if they really do build the new Supermono as rumored - AND if the 999 does well...

·
Registered
173 Posts

Valid point, seruzawa - for those focused purely on price/performance. I think most of us purchase a particular bike for many other reasons as well. It's what I call the "ownership experience", or that "visceral pride" you feel while riding, looking at, cleaning, or maintaining your chosen bike.

Longride - I respect your choice of bike. Can you do the same? I am growing very weary of your blanket denigration of the sport bike crowd - speak for yourself; not for me. By the way, I have a one-word retort to your second sentence: "Buell".

·
Registered
173 Posts

The word is "denigrated" - look it up.

Here is an example pasted for you:

"This just in. Harley will never cater to the "squid crowd". Too fickle and Darwinsim dwindles the pack down to the ones that will buy Harleys when they grow up and don't squish themselves into a bloody mess."

·
Registered
173 Posts

Longride, no offense intended by my earlier posts - but I am going on record as saying you do indeed make negative, one-sided statements belittling sport riders. It also seems you think you have all the answers and the rest of us are either ignorant, stupid or just completely wrong. You've enlightened me with many of your sensible posts. I'd like to think you also have an open mind.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.