Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
What ever happened to riding just to ride, riding for fun and not caring what everyone thought.

Good question. I seldom ride with groups but when I do it's as ecletic a group as you can find. HD's, BMWs, UJMs.. anything. I just don't get this "us vs them" attitude. It used to be just an element of the HD guys and some of the BMW guys but now many of the squids are at least as bad.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
I'd be satisfied just to go back to the $2000 for a basketcase era. You need at least three Shovels just to be sure that one is running.

Any day now!

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
I hope you don't mean that the power rangers don't look equally stupid. How about the current supersport styling rage in Salt Lake? Armored m/c jacket, levis, tennis shoes and a freaking ballcap. I swear. Most of the guys I see on supersports around town are wearing ballcaps. When the weather warms up they'll change to T-shirts and flipflops again I'll bet.

And don't knock fringed jackets. I've still got a suede one around from the old Neil Young Era. It seems to have shrunk though.....

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Value is determined only by what someone is willing to pay for something. That is it's true value whether we like it or not. Used HDs are worth the same as new ones because enough idiots are willing to pay the price. Just because they are idiots doesn't change the fact that the bike still have that value.

After all, isn't the price of just about everything determined by the largest mass of consumer suckers available? Look what new trucks cost now. Sheesh. You can't even get a basic work truck any more. They're all loaded to the gills.

Like I said. I like HDs and I'm still waiting for the used market to collapse..... been waiting about 15 years now.... getting cobwebs.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.