Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Before folks start writing off HD. Just remember HD''s P/E Ratio is 16 today. A traditional rule of thumb is that the norm for a manufacturing company is 20. So at this point HD stock is undervalued based on this old rule of thumb... (this rule took a vacation during the internet boom of the late 90s i.e. AOL, Monster, Yahoo etc had P/E ratios over 100 I think )

I think Buell has a lot of potential for younger buyers if they updated to a modern liquid cooled V-Twin. V-Rod is doing well right? I don't think HD needs to get into the race replica business like Triumph did.... Minor tweaks to products I think is what in order and HD is the master of that...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
" Look what new trucks cost now. Sheesh. You can't even get a basic work truck any more. They're all loaded to the gills." Ain't that the truth. My dad used buy a cheap pickup every few years cause nobody wanted them.... Now I think the cheapest thing out there are sedans maybe minivans.... Yep I am the same positon you are..waiting for used HDs to come down. I have been waiting at least 5 years now...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.