Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody has what it takes to be the next world champion from the USA, it is Nicky Hayden, the guy has the background, the attitude, the backing, the desire and plenty of time to do so.

When was the last time, we saw an American go to World GP and learn as fast as he has?

Not since Roberts, and later Lawson, Spencer, Rainey, etc. He will be the at the top level really soon, he was third today, and dicing for position. He is a nice kid to booth.

By the way KPaul are you still on your first bike? Just wandering :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
As long as Valentino's heart still beats, no one else will dominate MotoGP. Even with errors, Rossi made up an 8 second gap in a matter of a couple of laps. He's unstoppable.

Nicky is a nice guy and a terrific rider, but a "technical" podium isn't indication of domination to come. He needs more "world-class" competition experience before he's a threat to anyone. Ducati having a bad day and Tamada forcing Sete off track do not establish grounds for laying waste to the field. Nicky knows this and he looks forward to "real" podium.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Quote: "AMERICA WILL DOMINATE MOTOGP ONCE AGAIN!. "

"Dominate?" Oooerr... that's a little harsh?

Seriously though ..... as a "non-US reader" I don't mind who wins as long as they deserve it, American or otherwise. I can't stand narrow-minded jingoism. It ruins the whole idea of "May the best man win"

Goood racin', that's all I want to see.

·
Registered
48 Posts
True, and Hopper is even younger. Remember that Rossi is only a couple of years older than Nicky. By age 22, Rossi had won the 125, 250, and 500cc world championships.

Nicky is the next best hope for another American MotoGP champion, but given his career to date, I'm not comfortable yet rating his accomplishments on the same scale as Rossi.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the America will dominate again is also a little rediculous. I understand that there isn't another people on this planet that believe they are completely righteous in all aspects. But, learn from your mistakes (Iraq). Now, I am a big fan of Nicky Hayden. I have been completely supportive through his years in the AMA. I believe if he was there this year, he wouldn't be doing any better than his Honda teammates. Regarding America and there Motogp hopes. NOT! (with Nicky).

One thing someone mentioned earlier was the list of riders from the states who had success in GP racing. One thing all of them and Rossi have in common is size. Nicky is just way to big to win a championship surrounded by guys the size of Rossi. Certain current AMA riders have a better chance of being more competitive than Nicky. So, his current success may be do to the fact that he has the best team in Motorcycle racing suporting him. But, a technical podium doesn't warrant fanfare and hoopla. He got there by default!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.