Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Re: Hayden to remain with Honda

Actually 800cc is not a bad idea for many reasons. Insurance cost usually drops when you get below 1000cc and hopefully inexperienced riders will not let the throttle hand write a check they can't cash.

I don't really care what brand Nicky rides, I just want him to win the championship.

Thig

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

The current GSXR750 has better power and torque than the 600s without giving away any handling. And it'll give the literbikes fits when in competent hands. The fact that the 750 class went away is a monument to the follow-the-leader-sheeple mentality of the squids. Why would anyone give up the obvious superiority of the 750 just because some sanctioning body invented a racing class?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

Good for Nicky for sticking it out with Honda. He's loyal, I just hope Honda reciprocates.

Anyway, pray for good weather this weekend in Japan, good clutch and tire grip at the end of the race. Go Nicky!!!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

It takes a mature rider to know that the best bike for gong to the track to watch the 600 supersport race is an electraglide! Got my sun tan lotion, sandwiches, beer and my best girl on the back.

·
Registered
155 Posts

as a 750 owner i totally agree with you, 600 handling with plenty of usable power...no spinning up the rear or big wheelies off the power like the 1000....perfect bike for the track and surprisingly comfortable on the road despite what people would think to look at it....

i commute to work on one every day ..the k5 anniversary edition

·
Registered
4,129 Posts

I made this call the other day and HRC stepped up before rather than after the race. Must mean that the chasis Nicky has been testing is for the new 800. Hope the clutch works. Did you hear that Yamaha actually offer $2mil over the last HRC offer? HRC and Nicky went half way and we're all smiling. Although Nicky being Vale's teammate again would have made for an interesting next season.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Maybe next year he can win a championship... I don't think it's gonna happen this year. Vale's got his number

·
Registered
4,129 Posts

Two left. Nicky will edge it. But the free points from the illegal pass that Rossi made on Stoner didn't help Nicky's situation.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
GMP predictions come true again

I am predicting a new class of 800 sportbikes ... I actually made this prediction months ago.. Thanks for the validation SmokeU.. Great minds think alike eh?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Re: GMP predictions come true again

I wouldn't go that far, but if there is a new crop of 800s on the horizon, Suzuki certainly has a head start.

·
Registered
171 Posts

As much as I like to root for American racers, I won't root for HRC. I would have loved to seen Nicky on a Duc or even a Yamaha. Oh well. Who is Ducati going to go after now? Stoner?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: GMP predictions come true again

Yeah, and other people talked about this long before numbnuts tried to take credit for it.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Word has it Kaw already has a ZX-8 in the works. A high hp, lightweight, and small 800 would be very cool. The GSXR-750 is an awesome bike. Make the class competitive again, and we will be back in the land of the R7.

Joe G.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.