Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the headder pipes on the xb stainless or mild steel coz i hate how thay go brown with the coating on them i thought i could polish the stainless or if they are mild steel i could get them HPC coated whats your thoughts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
They're stainless, just like on a Bandit and a number of other bikes. I think the golden brown color looks good myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your header pipes color because you're riding the bike. Leave 'em. Do you want everyone to think you're a poser?

;)
yes i do ride my bike and no im not a poser i just like my bike to look good unlike some people who use that thay ride there bike and thats way there bike looks like its 10 years old when its only 10 weeks old im sorry but i take pride in my gear

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
yes i do ride my bike and no im not a poser i just like my bike to look good unlike some people who use that thay ride there bike and thats way there bike looks like its 10 years old when its only 10 weeks old im sorry but i take pride in my gear
I sympathise. My DL1000's pipes turned a mottled crappy brown after a hundred miles. It was't a nice bluing or even yellowing like I used to get om my HD pipes. It looked more like rust than anything. That's why I tried the header paint. It left the pipes with a nice flat black finish that looks 1000% better than before. So far it's holding up; it's been on there 4 months now. Prep is everything; make sure you do a good job roughing up and cleaning the pipes before starting. I had to re-do a couple of spots where I didn't do the best possible prep job. Mask carefully, get some of the blue painter's tape and use it liberally; that spray paint really travels.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
You can always pee all over the motor while he's in the Tavern...that's always good for some yucks plus you can blame it on a stray dog....be sure to be in front when you go somewhere else

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.