Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here is the kit similar to the Aerostich one but with the dual-circuit setup rather then the resistor:

http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit1.htm

I've had these on my bike for almost 3 years and they've been great.

Personally I wish the "low" setting was just a bit warmer. The "high" setting is perfect for those super-cold days though. The best solution would be a "heat-troller" like Gerbings makes for it's jackets that would give you finely adjustable heat. I haven't seen a kit like that though, and maybe it wouldn't work as well for grips as it does for the jackets.

I find the grips a much more compelling solution, cause you can use them year round without having to wear big bulky winter gloves. If you get caught out in the rain in the summer, etc.. the heated grips can come to the rescue when the winter gloves are left at home. And frankly when I tried on the Gerbing's gloves I wasn't real pleased with the control feel.

And you just can't beat that they're 1/8th-1/10th the price of heated gloves.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Whoops... they even sell the Heat-troller with them now for an additional $50, and they have a better assortment of switches available now!

I'm tempted to try and get one of their newer switches and switch my bike over.

Problem is that would take motivation and time that could be used to ride!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.