Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(loud, derisive snort)

"Center of the Universe (Southern Cal)"???

Travel much?

Oh. First.

~Rob

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Yeah! - we all know that particular title is reserved for a little spot in Seattle.........

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Yes. SoCal is the Center of the Universe and the Greatest Place in the World.

Everybody go there. Do not ever even visit those horrible flyover States where all bikers pack guns and strains of banjo music fill the air.

Just go straight to SoCal. And stay there.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Truly ridiculous, but the Troll is cool.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've got these and Gerbings. It's my own fault, smoking for 30 years tends to bring it's own little problems. As soon as I can take off the Gerbings I put these on. Like the left index finger wiper. Did I mention the "Hippo Hands"?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ice breakers? The only ice I know of is what comes out of my fridge - the dispenser pre-breaks it so I can't imagine having to have gloves to do it. I heard that there may be ice somewhere else, but it is just an uncomfirmed rumour around So Cal.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Well, so is the alias who actually expects us to believe it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Two CRITICAL missing items in this review:

A: Are they waterproof & breathable? Sorry, but in addition to 32 degree commutes, sometimes it rains?

B: If A, do they have an outer and an inner gauntlet? I had a miserable ride home one day on the SV-s when the rain ran down my arms and into my gloves when stopped at lights.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Timely!

Looking forward to a perforated leather jacket review in January.

I kid because I love.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Re: Two CRITICAL missing items in this review:

Yup waterproof and breathable, GoreTex.

No inner gauntlet.

Don't stop at lights, up on one the whole time....I'm kidding. Solve that problem and the world will beat a path to your door.

Gerbings lining is one that you don't want to get wet, I believe in an other forum it was described as sticky wet rabbit fur.

32 and rain? Redo your risk assesment.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Re: Held Ice Breaker Gauntlet Gloves..and loves.

For good office fun at the center of the universe, or say tuning the ole banjo while counting boxes of amo left on the porch, its wholesome to simply insert "GLOVE" for "LOVE" in all pop lyrics.....whatever the type. Enjoy!

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Test Criteria

From now on, all MO glove evaluations should include a section on shooting while riding. How well does the glove work with a magnum revolver vs. an automatic pistol? We need this info!

At UF the Political Science department had a theory that the entire country had a slight slope from East to West, thus resulting in all the garbage sliding into the LA Basin area. So, I guess from that perspective, SloCal is indeed the "Center of the Universe!"

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I was thinking of something smug to say, with it being nearly APRIL, but then again, it was 28 this morning and those gloves would have come in mighty handy. Thank God it's supposed to be 70 this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Re: Great timing MO!

Not to defend the writer, but how would he evaluate winter gloves in August?

Look at it this way, with this write-up, you can now shop for them off-season, and save some money (maybe).

What DO they cost, anyway?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: Great timing MO!

Spring? What is this spring you speak of, comrade?

Here in the Siberian wastes we do not know of such a thing. There is winter, and not winter. The difference is only 6 degrees centigrade.

The snow melts into mud. Mud spews forth the dreaded black flies. We wallow in the mud like peasants, feebly scratching the welts left by the flies.

Spring is for other lands. Far off places where women cavort in bikinis and drinks come with their own umbrellas. Not here. If my mail order bride from Smolensk went outside in a bikini the flies would make her a bloodless corpse in less than fifteen seconds. They said No Returns on her contract.

These gloves from decadent west are false hope. I will be buying a pair of these Held gloves but do not ask me to hope for something called "spring."

Dasvedanya.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.