1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I have to think that the vast majority of riders who feel the need to video their "exploits" while riding are immature squids doing the kind of things that give motorcycling so much bad PR here of late. They're probably the same kids who stood at the side of the swimming pool screaming "LOOK AT ME MOMMY, LOOK AT ME" over and over until their Mom fianlly watched them flop into the water on their bellies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have to think that the vast majority of riders who feel the need to video their "exploits" while riding are immature squids doing the kind of things that give motorcycling so much bad PR here of late. They're probably the same kids who stood at the side of the swimming pool screaming "LOOK AT ME MOMMY, LOOK AT ME" over and over until their Mom fianlly watched them flop into the water on their bellies.
You are so right.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A different opinion

Actually, I can see several reasons to video tape your ride. If you have been a long time MO subscriber you probably remember the story about a young women who video taped her commutes. This came in handy when some idiot pulled in front of her. Also a buddy of mine videotapes all of the rides he goes on so he can write about how twisty the road was or how scenic it was i.e. he ranks roads in WA state .. Destination Highways does the same thing.
Click here for an example

·
Registered
421 Posts
"Afternoon, Officer...

Sure, here's my camera, oh and you'll need this cord to hook it up to the computer...Just bear in mind, Sir, that when the needle on the right shows 14,000, I was only in 2nd gear so couldn't have been going THAT fast. Oh, and when you're watching and the horizon seems to just disappear for a second or two? That's the part where the ground just fell out from underneath me. Whole friggin' Earth moved, I swear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.