Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two months after buying my first motorcycle I wrecked. My own fault. I was wearing a helmet though. And after the nurse finished scrubbing the rocks from my left arm I vowed to only ride wearing "good" motorcycle gear. I wasn't at the time. If it's too hot or too much trouble, I don't ride.

Fast forward 16 years, and I'm involved in my second accident. This time, I get up, take off all of my gear and think, "damn that was stupid!" And that was the extent of any bodily injuries. Bruised pride.

The common denominator in my history were both accidents involved me hitting the ground head first. Both were low sides, followed by a face plant. A helmet prevented me from being a vegetable.

I think anyone that wants to go without a helmet should be required to tend to a brain damaged person. Spend a few days feeding them through a tube, changing their diaper and bathing them. I know someone like this. It's not pleasant to see or be near.

Dieing is not the worst thing that can happen to you. Think about your family. Think about other people having to care for you.

It's just a motorcycle ride. It's NOT a life or death decision. At least it's not supposed to be. Something as simple as putting on a helmet lets you ride another day, and another, and another.

The reason I'm not an AMA member is the same as JB. I can't believe they would waste their members money on a fight that's not worth winning.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts