Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: Screw 'em!

The problem with the liberal party is that they gave up liberalism for smiling fascism a long time ago. I'd love it if they actually were liberal. They ain't. Their Gohd is centralized govt domination of the public from cradle to grave. Both parties are in the hands of the powermad who care only about increasing that power.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
ROTFLMAO. The govt legislating common sense? Hardy har har. THe govt never ever hints that it possesses even a trace of common sense. How are they going to legislate it?

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
I always wear a full face helmet, even on a Harley. I could give a shyt less what anyone else thinks about that.

On the other hand this thread points up something that is sadly missing from our society. That is the ability to say, "Mind your own business." Fascism with a smile is still fascism.

That being said, riding a normal motorcycle without a helmet while wearing flip flops has got to be less dangerous than riding a flexy flyer rigid chopper sans front brake even with a full face helmet and full protective gear.

And riding helmetless on I-80 through Wyoming is far less dangerous than riding fully protected down I-110.

Speaking of Wyoming, we went to Denver a couple of weeks ago and saw loads of Harleys coming back from Sturgis on I-80. Surprisisngly 99% were riding and not on trailers.

There was even one guy on a old HD 80" flathead. Now that takes balls. The brakes are probably better and the frame stiffer than that Ridgeback's though.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
They were mostly softails from what I saw. Many sported a windshield. RKs were in the minority. We saw hundreds of HDs and only two on trailers that I recall.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: Liberal ideology

Well... the Civil Rights movement! No wait, the govt fought that tooth and nail. Not a good example.

I know! Welfare! Look how well off the inner cities are now. Hmmmmm. Not a good example either.

Okay how about 10 million children on Ritalin! Yes, a whole new generation of speed freaks. Hmmmm. I guess that's not a good example.

Okay, how about Unions and the 40 hour work week? Yeah that's it..... oops. I forgot. It was the govt that was murdering union organizers back in the late 1800s. I guess that's not such a good example either.

Okay, how about the National Park system? No we can't credit that. It was started by those shotgun toting hunters like Teddy Roosevelt that JB thinks are all loonies.

I know, the Interstate Highway system! Well, actually that was another Republican's idea and it's main purpose was to be able to move military equipment around the country easily. Actually it was an idea stolen from Hitler.

I'm not giving up I know I'll think of something....

I know! Social Security! Yeah. We support heroin addicts with that! Well, it really doesn't exist any more since Johnson started the raid on it. But old people like, oh, poor George Bush, Sr. can now get free prescriptions!

Well, I'll keep thinking I know I'll come up with something...... public education! They can' read or write any more but they do learn the really important stuff like that teachers don't get paid enough and that Thomas Jefferson owned slaves!

Well, I haven't been able to find too many good examples. How about the fact that Social Security pays for Electric Convulsive Therapy via medicare. All the old people who need to be killed off get all the govt funded electroshocks they need now.

I'll keep at it. I know I'll think of something...... Hey how about the BATF? I know they do a lot of good. They are excellent for urban renewal projects on churches.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Yeah we're funny about that personal freedom thing.

Byt the way, how's that govt support for Muslim Sharia Law thing going in Canada?

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
I-80 is the likely route for the SoCal crowd, which is rather heavy on the softtails (pun intended).

By the way, dude. How have those D220s worked out for you? I replaced my last set of D205s with new D205s. They've worked so well on my bike, wet or dry, and still get 10K out of the rear tire, that I've been loathe to make a change. Are the 220s any better?

· The Toad
17,449 Posts

Whatever. I'm not going to vote for someone just 'cause he kisses babies, poses on Harleys (or not), went to Nam (or not) or any other irrelevant measure.

Look at what a politician has done in the past and you already know what he will do in the future. All else is BS.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: No Problem

Yeah, but you eventually grab your walker, head out the door, climb on your scoot and suddenly all is right with the world.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Oh balls!

Here we are having a perfectly capital old time slamming each other with unsubstantiated opinions and you have to go and interject some reality into the discussion.

What a killjoy.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: It doesn't matter if it's dangerous or not!

Yeah. And let's go back to DOS computers. I'm serious. I'm sick of having to purge my computer of so much unwanted crap.

And also I would never have met KPaul.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: It doesn't matter if it's dangerous or not!

Yet they approve drugs which are proven to be utterly without benefit, nay harmful, like Prozac and Paxil.

Could the fact that most of the doctors that sit on the approval board for these drugs are psychiatrists and also have personal financial interests in the same drug companies have anything to do with the approval process? Nah!

Sorry. Didn't mean to get started. The revolving door bedfellows relationship between the FDA/AMA/drug companies makes the revolving door Military/Defense Contractor's corruption appear minor.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts

Yeah, but you'd better knock off the draft dodger comparisons. Aside from Kerry all the democrats and the hollyweird loonies and the rest are draft dodgers.

I know a few NG types who would loooove to chat with anyone who thinks they are "draft dodgers".

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
How about taking a bath? Bathtubs are a major cause of death. No insurance coverage for bathers!

How about terminal diseases? Everyone who has a terminal disease will die! No coverage for people with terminal diseases!

Methinks that insurance companies are pulling our legs. Even during real recessions, like the early 70's one, insurance companies seemed to be able to afford to build skyscrapers.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Your children can be taken from you on the whim of a bureaucrat. You can be arrested for refusing to give your child ritalin (or any sort of treatment a croaker thinks he/she needs). Your home can be taken from you to provide cheap land for Wal-Mart. A policeman can tear your home apart because he thinks he saw a drug dealer climb in the window. The govt will take the cash out of your pocket if it thinks you have "too much". The FBI has removed from public libraries all books that give advice on how to get your property back when the govt illegally seives it. In fact, govt agencies rely on illegal forfeitures now for their funding problems. The BATF slaughters a couple of dozen children and gets away scot free. Pres Bush wants to force you and everyone else to see a shrink and then if the shrink determines it you can be forced to take drugs and get electroshocked... Kerry also supports this plan. Our health care system is completely dominated by drug companies who have gotten themselves exempted fom most criminal liabilities for the many drugs they distribute while they withhold the truth of the side effects.

Oh no. We are no where near fascism. Oh no. And of course you are right, to protect ourselves we need to "temporarily" suspend all our rights so we can fight "Islamicism" or whatever hobgoblin the govt has invented this week.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: Swift Boat Idiot

Looks like all 136 of Kook's personalities think you are an idiot. That's what he means by "we all".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.