Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well said longtime arch nemesis. I spoke to this gentleman at Gold's a few days ago and he claims to investigate motorcycle accidents here in Nebraska. Drinking, inexperience, and group riding all have high correlation to bike accidents according to him. First time inexperienced riders let down their guard after their first 6 to 8 weeks of riding, riders try to keep up with group that is riding too fast for their skill level, and booze needs no explanation. I personally wear a so-called novelty helmet to keep the cops off my case and it keeps the sun out of my eyes and is lighter on my stiff neck. Nebraska has a helmet law but when I go over to Iowa I sometimes will take my helmet off. Depends on the sun. My son, who rides behind me wears a full face helmet always and never complains, not that it would do any good. My wife always wears her helmet and pilots her own 600cc Yamaha. I grew up in Iowa and we never wore helmets because we didn't have to. I say, if you want to wear one then do and if you don't, then you shouldn't be forced. Freedom is in the details. George Bush would understand that if for one, he had a brain, and secondly if it wasn't just something that he reads in front of him along with the rest of his bullshyte.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Re: Screw 'em!

Liberal by definition has nothing to do with closed minded politics. Have you noticed that an intersection can be accident free and in the middle of the desert and some fool will walk out in front of a vehicle and get killed. Then the next thing you know a traffic light will get installed just to ease all the fear-everything people. These are the same types that Asscroft, Ridge and Bush like to keep on edge with all their well timed "Terror Alerts".

·
Registered
640 Posts
Freedom

I imagine that most cops don't like to enforce freedom robbing laws and skid lids give them enough of an excuse to look the other way. Like Longhauler wrote, people die for every reason imaginable. We all got to go sometime and if you hadn't noticed, none of us leave this world alive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.