Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
730 Posts
Thanks:Ive been tryingto come upwith a good response and you nailed it. The govt shouldnt be in the business of protecting me from myself.Although I almost always wear a seatbelt and would almost always wear a helmet if Md, didnt have a helmet law,I am adamantly opposed to laws which require me to use them and fine me if I dont. Dont tell me that riding helmetless is stupider than riding in a fullface with shorts,tank top and tennis shoes with no socks. Should there be laws to require long pants,protective jackets,boots and gloves? Where is the consistency?......it should be MY job to draw the lines regarding my personal safety,not the governments.

· Registered
730 Posts
AGREED!!!! So you are finally against helmet laws......let us be idiots(by the way my ponytail is still brown-my beard is grey)!!Now that KPaul is on the side of freedom of choice we dont need any more helmet law posts. YEEEHAAAA!!

· Registered
730 Posts
Re: Screw 'em!

1997 EGlide...actually it aint bone stock. i got tired of being chided for not customizing it so I put on bluedots and cheap lace on fringed hand grip covers....my little inside joke...it looks stupid but I dont give a f...

· Registered
730 Posts
Re: you're clouding the issue.

Keee double rist!!!!! Riding a motorcycle is as safe as riding a car??!! Youi should outlaw smoking!!!!??? That does it MO!!!!!! NO MORE HELMET LAW POSTS!!!!!! Im about to upchuck more than a thought

· Registered
730 Posts
Re: No Problem

You're right,that Damn troublemaker KPAUL started this schuysen and its made me cranky! As far as smokin killin me;whats your point......My daddy said if I didnt slow down I wouldnt live till 21.Since he swore he never made a mistake and didnt lie I figger God screwed up and Im living on borrowed time.I wake up every morning expecting to be dead....then when I get out of bed and hobble to the head in pain I curse my Daddy for leading me astray. If Id known I was gonna live this long Ida taken bettewr care of myself. Then on the other hand if Ida known how painful middle age was I woulda ridden even faster.

· Registered
730 Posts
Re: No problem just pay for it.

First of all,I wear a helmet...the point which has been made endlessly but you fail to comprehend is not that we dont want to wear a helmet we just dont want the law to mandate it

Second,Ive been paying st5eadily increasing health insurance for 31 years.My high rates are driven by societry's idiots who do drugs have unprotected sex,drive drunk,ride sportbikes at high speeds,and many other things far more than those who have accidents without helmets

Third of all,I dont think the general society think lidless riders look any more ridiculous than those wearing full helmets and shorts or riding in brightly colored leathers for that matter.

Fourth of all ......ahhh forget it.I'm joining Lonbgride in his ignore KPAUL campaign

Bye

· Registered
730 Posts
Re: No Problem

Your absolutely right.My vintage MX buds laugh at me.....I limp out of my truck,painfully climb on my bike and all pain goes away.Then I get back to the pits and they help peel me off the bike.But it keeps me feeling young.I think if I stop riding,Id spiritually die.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.