Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: you're clouding the issue.

My personal opinion is that motorcycles are just as safe as cars if you pay attention and wear good equipment. Saying she probably would have been safer if she drove is fine, but she didn't, she rode or was a passenger on the bike.

Had she been wearing a helmet she most likely would not have suffered as bad a head injury. You know that as well as I do. Maybe here injuries were internal, or didn't involve her head at all, maybe this guy is making up this sad tale to prove a point, who knows, maybe they were all drunk.

I personaly support helmet laws, and seat belt laws and I think they should ban tobacco as well. I know that's not a real popular position to take, and I know you're an experianced rider and a mature adult, but the fact is there's alot of stupid f**ks around who don't know what they're doing. When they tear them selves up on bikes we all suffer from the fallout.

If they kept themselves off bikes and stuck to golf or tennis or something, then fine we don't need helmet laws because were all responsible enough to make a choice. Since they don't and since we get enough bad press as it is, something as common sense as a wearing helmet is a small consession to make.

You can always stick your head out the window or buy a 10 speed if you want the wind in your hair

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Cheap shot by MO

You're getting ready to make a fool of yourself again, aren't you.

Step back, take a few deep breaths, go to your happy place for a minute.

Ready? Now the issue isn't statistics, it's helmet laws. What do you have to say about that?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
What were they riding, mostly baggers and RK's?

I would think the stereotypical trailer queen would be something like that "Big Dog" or along those lines.

I'd expect people who bought Touring bikes to ride them.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
obviously you've never ridden in a car I was driving LOL

Statisticaly flying is safest but you won't catch me in a airplane. If I'm going to buy it I'd rather not end up as part of a pile of human mush from a 500 mph impact, thank you

Unless it's pouring down rain in heavy traffic or icy I feel as safe on my bike as driving because I'm alot more attuned to my surroundings and attentive. When I'm driving it's easy to space out and just go through the motions like everyone else.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: No Problem

You're entitaled to my opinion, just like everyone else. 'Sides, I'm not the one who threw the helmet law turd in the punchbowl.

I would outlaw smoking though, them things 'll kill ya'

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Around here every other HD is a Road King w/ the req'd ton of Screamin' Beagle billet and chrome. After that probably Heretige Softtails and Fat Boys.

Maybe all the trailer ones took I-90 instead of 70

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Screw 'em!

From what I read somewhere Kerry has always ridden BMW and Ducati in the past, He probably did buy the Harley to get some flag time but the fact is he's a motorcyclist and a vet. As opposed to a momma's boy ANG deferrment "pilot" who didn't bother to show up and his draft-dodger cronies.

For what it's worth Kerry showed up. It might have been political and he may be a grand-stander but the fact is he had enough balls to show up.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Not good.

I only got 6k out of the rear in the winter. I can see crummy milage if I lived in So. Texas or somewhere else really hot, but these miles were basicaly water-cooled 45 degrees @ 42psi and I got the worst milage ever. The front is about gone now at around 10k, usual Dunlop cupping and all.

I have about 4k on a rear Avon Azzaro ST46 right now with no appreciable wear through an average 90 degree summer, so I'll be replacing the front with the Azzaro when I get some money.

I orderd a Corbin Canyon Dual seat too, but it hasn't showed up yet. The stock seat was a plank after a hundred miles, my custom made seat is a plank with some foam on it and stretched my range to around 300 miles. I used to put 500 mile days on my K100RS w/ Corbin seat with no trouble so this change should work out.

I'm pretty pumped with the Avons, but I wouldn't recommend the Dunlops unless they're almost free.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Taking hot showers causes cancer so that's out. And if you've got a terminal disease why would you need health care in the first place?

Our friends in the insurance industry don't buld skyscrapers anymore. Now the buy "naming rights" to ball parks, such as "Large Insurance Company Field" in Seattle where the Mariners attempt to play, right next door to Paul Allen's "Large Phone Service Provider Field"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.