Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was just going to resort to the same analogy - and then saw your post. No one seems to be arguing about seatbelts, but the helmet laws spark vivid discussions every time. It is not true, by the way (commenting on another post) that non-helmet accidents do not have an impact on the society. Working in a large hospital, I can testify that severe brain injuries have profound impact - both economical and psychological - on the families and the society in general. At the time when millions of americans do not have health insurance every smashed head drains hundreds of thousands through the hospital costs, disability payments, nursing homes (if the victim is unlucky enough to make it there) and so on. And who is paying for all of this? Directly or indirectly - all of us. I support the freedom of smashing one's head on the payment only if I have a freedom of not paying for the aftermath.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.