Motorcycle Forums banner
141 - 160 of 236 Posts

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: Liberal ideology

Well... the Civil Rights movement! No wait, the govt fought that tooth and nail. Not a good example.

I know! Welfare! Look how well off the inner cities are now. Hmmmmm. Not a good example either.

Okay how about 10 million children on Ritalin! Yes, a whole new generation of speed freaks. Hmmmm. I guess that's not a good example.

Okay, how about Unions and the 40 hour work week? Yeah that's it..... oops. I forgot. It was the govt that was murdering union organizers back in the late 1800s. I guess that's not such a good example either.

Okay, how about the National Park system? No we can't credit that. It was started by those shotgun toting hunters like Teddy Roosevelt that JB thinks are all loonies.

I know, the Interstate Highway system! Well, actually that was another Republican's idea and it's main purpose was to be able to move military equipment around the country easily. Actually it was an idea stolen from Hitler.

I'm not giving up I know I'll think of something....

I know! Social Security! Yeah. We support heroin addicts with that! Well, it really doesn't exist any more since Johnson started the raid on it. But old people like, oh, poor George Bush, Sr. can now get free prescriptions!

Well, I'll keep thinking I know I'll come up with something...... public education! They can' read or write any more but they do learn the really important stuff like that teachers don't get paid enough and that Thomas Jefferson owned slaves!

Well, I haven't been able to find too many good examples. How about the fact that Social Security pays for Electric Convulsive Therapy via medicare. All the old people who need to be killed off get all the govt funded electroshocks they need now.

I'll keep at it. I know I'll think of something...... Hey how about the BATF? I know they do a lot of good. They are excellent for urban renewal projects on churches.

· Registered
1,140 Posts
Re: Death data from the NHTSA

Good info. I have not had the time to research, but has anyone seen a study on the RATE of mc deaths...not raw numbers but RATE per million miles traveled - and associated trends?

· Banned
2,452 Posts
You are skirting the issue Pal.

"Kpaul's original title said, in full: "Helmets are law again in Louisiana (numbers prove benefit)", but we took out the latter part, and shame on AI programmer KPaul for posting it: of the 95,000 registered bikers in the state, a 0.046% difference is not statistically significant over a four year period, especially without comparing accident per mile, deaths per accident resulting from head injuries and deaths per mile ridden. Or, at the base level, even the number of registered bikers then Vs. now. "

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Yeah we're funny about that personal freedom thing.

Byt the way, how's that govt support for Muslim Sharia Law thing going in Canada?

· Banned
2,452 Posts
Here you go you lazy ...

Fact 1. The fact there were only a few hundred deaths vs thousands of riders is irrelevant. There are a few cancer deaths per millions of people. Does that mean that if cancer deaths increased 125% in one year because a drug was not used is the statistic not significant. Hell no.

Fact 2. The death rate increased ~125% in this case (from 35 to 79) that is significant. The fact that were only a few deaths vs. the number of riders is not important.

Fact 3. The number of riders could of increased is important but assume that it increased 5% a year. The death rate still would of increased significantly. It's the delta that is important not the population size vs the number of deaths.

Fact 4. Comparing only two years is probably not conclusive but I would not as MO does consider it statistically insignificant.

· Banned
2,452 Posts
Re: Seatbelts

Fact 1. The fact there were only a few hundred deaths vs thousands of riders is irrelevant. There are a few cancer deaths per millions of people. Does that mean that if cancer deaths increased 125% in one year because a drug was not used is the statistic not significant. Hell no.

Fact 2. The death rate increased ~125% in this case (from 35 to 79) that is significant. The fact that were only a few deaths vs. the number of riders is not important.

Fact 3. The number of riders could of increased is important but assume that it increased 5% a year. The death rate still would of increased significantly. It's the delta that is important not the population size vs the number of deaths.

Fact 4. Comparing only two years is probably not conclusive but I would not as MO does consider it statistically insignificant.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: Seatbelts

Again, whare did I (Sean Alexander) state ANYTHING about statistics? Why are you arguing with me about something I never said?

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: You are skirting the issue Pal.

And you are claiming that I made this news post now? I have NEWS for you Kook, "SeanAlexander" and "Staff" are two different people.

· Banned
2,452 Posts
0.046% is a number you pulled out of your ass

Come on Racer Boy tell me how you computed this Cause if it is what I think it is, your are the idiot this time pal. Admit and be a man about it. Instead of jumping on the Swift Boat bandwagon lead by longnazi and Buzboy. Whenever I paint those guys in a corner they start saying KPaul is an idiot

· MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts
Re: And drive Dodges

In-between.

And that's "injuries", as in plural.

The V6 thing sold me. I reasoned cutting two cylinders off that miserable 318 was the best thing Morparts could do, since those two extra cylinders weren't doing that much anyway, 'cept for wasting gas and using up a couple of spark plugs.

Oh, how wrong was I...

· Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: It doesn't matter if it's dangerous or not!

I already know how it came about. The point was the govt hasn't seen fit to tie up the internet with 100 bullshyt laws. It grew beyond them too quickly to regulate effectively. If and when they get around to regulation, this will start to suck like everything else they "fix".

· Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Never know how screwed up Canada really was until you spoke up. Is that really your stance on life? Acts deemed dangerous by the government could be banned and everything is cool with you? I don't mean to offend anyone, but anyone that thinks like that doesn't deserve the right to do anything but work and pay taxes.

· Banned
2,452 Posts

"next guy. You could have all the skills of a California State roadracing champion, but if your brother pulls a u-turn on a blind turn as you're heading into it, you're gonna want that helmet as you careen down the cliffside" I just assumed it was you. I apology. Well I am calling who made the post out OK. Buell Blasts at sunset.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: 0.046% is a number you pulled out of your ass

Explain how I computed WHAT? I (SeanAlexander) have made ZERO statistical comments, claims, observations or predictions. WHY is that so hard for you to understand? -Sean

· Registered
1,538 Posts

P.S. It IS me that calls you an idiot from time to time (only about 7,432 times per day) -Sean

141 - 160 of 236 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.