Motorcycle Forums banner
161 - 180 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Statistics Show....

The only statistical claim that I am making is....

A message board with 10,000 members can have its mean IQ lowered by 84%, with the simple addition of one KPaul.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
I-80 is the likely route for the SoCal crowd, which is rather heavy on the softtails (pun intended).

By the way, dude. How have those D220s worked out for you? I replaced my last set of D205s with new D205s. They've worked so well on my bike, wet or dry, and still get 10K out of the rear tire, that I've been loathe to make a change. Are the 220s any better?

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: Screw 'em!

Whatever. I'm not going to vote for someone just 'cause he kisses babies, poses on Harleys (or not), went to Nam (or not) or any other irrelevant measure.

Look at what a politician has done in the past and you already know what he will do in the future. All else is BS.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: It doesn't matter if it's dangerous or not!

The point was the govt hasn't seen fit to tie up the internet with 100 bullshyt laws. It grew beyond them too quickly to regulate effectively. If and when they get around to regulation, this will start to suck like everything else they "fix".
You should have taken my suggestion and just pretended it was never said... Better to remain silent and be assumed a fool that to speak up and remove all doubt.

Actually, yes, there have been well over US 100 state and federal laws aimed at Internet. And yes, most of them do suck.
[There are entire sites, eg Lessig's, that are devoted mostly to discussing cyberlaw issues and problems.] For a little preview on how bad things will get, follow the recent Yahoo vs France case and extrapolate from there.

I'll grant you that most of the laws might not suck for you, so I can see (and agree with) your point above, but you're factually incorrect. The government has been involved with, and to varying degrees regulated, the Internet since it's inception.

Then again, I'm a throwback. I was using the Internet as a researcher long before the hypertext transfer protocol (aka "the web") was around. Some days I wouldn't mind going back to the pre-web internet....

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: No Problem

Yeah, but you eventually grab your walker, head out the door, climb on your scoot and suddenly all is right with the world.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Oh balls!

Here we are having a perfectly capital old time slamming each other with unsubstantiated opinions and you have to go and interject some reality into the discussion.

What a killjoy.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts

Yeah. And let's go back to DOS computers. I'm serious. I'm sick of having to purge my computer of so much unwanted crap.

And also I would never have met KPaul.

·
MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts
Re: Liberal ideology

Bury All Thy Firearms (until you need 'em).

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts

Yet they approve drugs which are proven to be utterly without benefit, nay harmful, like Prozac and Paxil.

Could the fact that most of the doctors that sit on the approval board for these drugs are psychiatrists and also have personal financial interests in the same drug companies have anything to do with the approval process? Nah!

Sorry. Didn't mean to get started. The revolving door bedfellows relationship between the FDA/AMA/drug companies makes the revolving door Military/Defense Contractor's corruption appear minor.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Getting Sucked In

You missed one way the FDA can screw up. They can relabel a useful essential amino acid as a drug. Example; tryptophan was taken off the market days before prozac was released. For many people tryptophan is more effective and it is safer in all cases.

No back to work...

161 - 180 of 236 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.