Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Help Design the new V-Max (and it NEEDS help...)

the wheels and engine are sweet, the tail sucks...slap on a nice modern, sleek tail with some leds (a la SV 1000) and an engine that puts out at least 200 hp and you are in business.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts

I am a little dissappointed. They could have done so much more with the concept. Instead, Yamaha kept the bike limited by previous concepts of how it should look.

It better make LOTS of power!

·
Registered
3 Posts

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lose that silly air scoop. I've allways thought the bike was more about that engine than the stying flares ala 1987. It was a useless piece of chromed plastic then, and I have NO idea why they feel its necessary now

Besides that I thoght it was neat

·
Registered
20 Posts

If they're going to use anything like that fake plastic air scoop, atleast make it functional..

Always been a fan of the V-Max other than some of the unnecessary fake styling ques..

·
Registered
480 Posts

I said it about 6 months ago that there,s a new max coming out.Yep I saw that fugly looking thing.Those scoops have got to go,Maybe it,s just me but when I first saw the MT-01 ,I thought that was more in line with the vmax concept.Boy was I wrong!! And this time I wish I was right!

·
Registered
7 Posts

The scoops on the V-Max have never been chromed plastic. They are aluminum castings and that's what the ones on the prototype look to be also.

·
Registered
7 Posts

The scoops are alloy not plastic but, yeah they should be funtional. How about having servo controlled 'throttle plates" that would open up to let extra air into the intake as the V-boost kicks in along with a big flashing light on the dash that would indicate "V-Boost Activated"!

·
Registered
131 Posts

The tail doesn't work or me; it interrupts the lines. It looks sorta like the bike got stung on the butt by a giant wasp. A fake plastic scoop? Come on... Other than that it looks fairly good IMO, very much "now.' Hopefully they have stiffened up the chassis. However, I don't want one.

·
Registered
32 Posts

It's still gonna be a drag bike. If the scoops are realy feeding air to the box then simply awwwwwesome. I'm a little concerned about the front brakes; looks a little whimpy. I can see where they're going with the tail section with the seat and rear plastic ducktail fender a la '85 Kawasaki Eliminator ZL900 (my first....sigh) but from the side it doesn't seem to follow a particular line around the tire. The rest looks great. I'm into it but I seem to like ugly bikes anyway. '03 Magnet Grey Tuono.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Fix the tail, it'll be awsome looking. In keeping with the original concept, a bike that went head to head with the GSXR-1100 in 1985 with Pee Wee Gleason at the helm, it'll have to have 180-200 HP to be able to accelerate as hard as a super sport literbike in a straight line.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

yep, scoops need to be functional. it should come with a drag slick on back and a wheelie bar, and graphics should consist of solid warning stickers all over.

·
Registered
323 Posts

As a X Max rider I guess I'm a little biased but that new one looks great to me. The only thing I don't like is the lower (oil?) cooler sticks down too low. V-Max's are not designed to attempt attracting everyone. The Max is built to make a statement and give those with a serious need for acceleration something to smile about. I say wait till it comes out, take a ride, and if the ride(not the looks) does not put a smile on your face you can't knock off for the next hour get your testosterone levels checked. LOL!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Help Design the new V-Max (and it needs help...)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EYES.

I would take a 1st gen V-Max (or any other cycle) over that ugly thing?

BTW. What is it? That design makes no sense.

Naked?

Sport Standard?

Power Cruiser?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts