Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Re: Help Design the new V-Max (and it needs help...)

They are called muscle bikes. Formula = Take wild 60's muscle car, convert to 2 wheels, add steroids, twist throttle, enjoy!!! Got it?

·
Registered
64 Posts

YAWN.

Looks like a cleaned up version of the current bike. Hell I thought it was a B-King the first time I saw it.

What's with those pipes? What's with the GIGANTIC air scoops? Dual shocks??

Keep the engine, drop the rest. I can only imagine what it would weigh.

Did Yamaha lose their styling MoJo?

I'd like to see more Monster/Buell nasty than hairdryer nasty.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

I'm with the "fix the tail group." Once that's done, you could have a real nice looking bike. I saw a few shots taken from different angles a couple of months ago, and the thing looked pretty cool.

They just need to abort the malformed fetus gestating in the tail and tone down the air scoops--they don't need to be so huge, and a titanium-like matte finish instead of the polished/chrome look would be preferable.

The overall lines of the bike are very nice.

P.S. They've comittted one of my photography cardinal sins: Photograph the bike at angles people will not likely be viewing it from. The only time you're likely to see the angle they used on that site is if you've dropped the bike on it's side or you're 2' 8" tall. Then again, they are asking for design help...

·
Registered
406 Posts

Hmm, Never really liked the original v-max. Cool idea but some seriously outdated hardware wrapped around all that power. The question is will it be the crazy overdog that the original was? More importantly, can I dust my friends on their V-rods and Rockets?

·
Registered
32 Posts

OK, I think I understand why the tail is like it is now. On the older bike I always thought it odd how the backend looked so low compared to the towering gas tank. It looked an odd sort of top heavy/front heavy. Looks like they're trying to get the tail end more proportioned to the height of the tank but have screwed up somewhere. I can't really think of anything much better other than change a line here and there. It looks like a puzzle to me or am I insane?

Keep the scoops the way they are. You'll need the space for the big aftermarket ones at the drag strip.

Keep the dual shocks. That's still not an old school way to do things BTW. They tried dual linkage not too long ago on a MotoGP prototype.

The brakes still have to go IMHO. Get rid of the those teeny six potters unless I'm missing something.

It being RSD forks does that not mean it's still going to be a lard ass?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Am I the only one...

...that finds it's stuby malformed child sized mufflers a complete joke? If there was ever a bike that needs a huge Warrior styled can strapped to it's side, it should be the V-Max. And make sure it has two of them.

The engine is beautiful though.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts