Motorcycle Forums banner

Help me make a decision....

10K views 46 replies 35 participants last post by  zradix 
Wow, just got home after checking out some new Buells. Thanks to all who have contributed here. I appreciate it.

You know, the V-Strom is indeed a true bargain. Some hate the looks but, sitting on it, I don't notice the looks! I am partial to the 650 actually.

But......

There is just something about those Buells! I sat on a Lightning XB12Ss (long) and it fit me like a pair of 5 year old Levi's! The Ducati Monster...well, I immediately felt my wrists taking the weight of my upper half. It was an awkward (for me anyway) riding position.

The Buell Lightning? Ahhhhh....that's it! Upright position with no stress on the wrists. It was a very noticeable difference from the Ducati. Feet planted on ground easily (I am 5'10") and man, it just felt like it was made just for me. Swinging my leg over the V-Strom 650 was a bit of a chore but, the Lighting? Ooooo baby.

I have seen many a Buell go by me but never really heard one. Today I heard one and it was an odd sensation seeing a bike that I expected to sound like maybe a 2 stroke even but, sounded like thunder going by me. I keep hearing this voice in my head "gotta' get that Buell"!! The sound, the look (badass), the handling, the whole "Harley" thing. It is a bike I would have loved back in my youth.

But yeah, braxx444, you touched on something I have considered. I am also saving for the new MacBook Pro 17" and yeah, it CAN be done can't it!? A MacBook Pro on my back and a Buell underneath me. I am getting a very nice visual!!

I'll post here when I have bought my choice (I change my mind a lot) and even include a photo! Again, thanks to all and by all means keep 'em coming!

What about the Triumph Tiger? For $10,500 you get a 6.6 gallon tank, hardbags, 2 up riding, a nice 100BHP+ engine.

I had not thought of one before but, on the way home last night saw one in a dealer's window. I just may take a look at this. It's looks don't exactly blow me away but, this looks like it'd be worth checking out.

What say ye?

Re: Believer in the Buell..........

Hey Rob,

Is the Buell perhaps TOO much for me? I mean will the front wheel lift off as a "surprise" and put me off? Or, is it controllable in that there are no surprises? I guess I want to determine if it is a bike I could "get back on the saddle" with after a few years off. KNow what I mean?

I love the way it "fits" me. If I had my way I'd take the Uylesses in a heartbeat but, it is SO tall. I'd like to see Buell make a bike that is a sort of semi Uylesses. One that can go 2up and have hardbags but also be a bit lower to the ground like the Lightning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.