Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
WOAH!!!!! Charged with a crime??!!!! I'm all for letting these DJ's and their sponsors know I'm not to keen on being run over, but isn't that a little overboard? How many bicyclist's/motorcyclists have been deliberatley run over in the Bay Area since that spot ran?? Do you want these guys to be thrown in jail?!!! What's the charge, bad taste? Poor humor? Last I knew that wasn't against the law. I always see people in these bulliten boards saying things about protecting rights and everyone is entitled to an opinion. So where's that understanding know when the tables are turned?? I think these DJ's are idiots, but that's the kind of stupid stiff 'shock jocks' come up with. It's so absurd it's funny. But I have almost been run over several times, and once the guy WAS aming for me so I don't see the humor, nor do most motorcyclists. But don't let some idiots make you get angry, the world's full of them.

justmy $.02

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Lane sharing....

There's a problem though with passing out the vehicle code that says lane sharing is legal, because as far as I know, there isn't one. Lane sharing is not legal. It's just that there is no clear law stating that it's illegal. Unsafe movment, improper passing, or reckless operation can all be used as charges, but since it's socilly acceptable you'd have a hard time in court (unless you're obviously reckless). But I'm almost positive there is no law making it legal, it's just that there's no laws making it ilegal.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've gotta disagree on this one. Getting someone to commit a crime is illegal, but we're talking about people making bad jokes. And it IS relevant that people aren't being run over. If there was a bunch of people being run over, don;t you think this would be a different story? Hell yes, these guys would be in hot water. Just like inciting a riot. If no one riots, how can the person inciting the riot be taken seriously when the would-be rioters didn't take him seriously?? These guys are guilty of being lame and lacking intellegence, and that's about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.