Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Tony, We are "taught" to protect our lane here in California too, for the same reason. Lane splitting IS legal here, and I do it, and yes, there are additional risks... but DJ's advocating murder need to be charged with a crime, not suspended for two weeks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I used to listen to KSJO quite a bit. Then they lost their repeater in San Francisco to a spanish-music station (FCC thing, apparently) and I stopped listening. Now I'm glad I did. I'll be at the protest on Monday. I'll have to take off from work a couple of hours early, but WTF? It's worth it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Actually... Inciting somebody to commit a crime IS a crime. I didn't say I wanted them thrown in jail, that's something for a jury of their peers to decide, but they SHOULD be charged. They are public figures, and whether or not anybody actually ran over a bicyclist or motorcyclist is irrelevant. It's like parking in the fire lane, even if there's no fire, you still deserve the ticket.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Lanesplitter,

Where do you commute from/to? I commute long distances in the Bay Area too... And yes, I HAVE to lanesplit if I'm to get anywhere.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Re: Lane sharing....

John,

Actually, that isn't true. It'll take some looking, but it's there. Lanesplitting was legalized due to a movement by the CHP (!) because they were/are riding air-cooled bikes on congested freeways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.