Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we (and when I say “we”, I mean me) inadvertently deleted your AMA thread you created. It seems it came up as a double post, and then when the thread was merged it somehow disappeared. If you feel like reposting it, go ahead. Just wanted to give you a heads up incase you thought MO has been taken over by the AMA dictatorship. :)

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
It was a great rant. I am not sure if I can duplicate it now. I will put better thought into it and try again tomorrow. I was wondering what happened. I have started writing for a local rag called Road Rash. I've never been much of a writer but I figured with all the [email protected] we let fly here and my keen sense of observation I'd try writing for entertainment value. Did you read any of my post? Was it working for you or should I try a different approach? Just wondering....

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
It was a great rant. I am not sure if I can duplicate it now. I will put better thought into it and try again tomorrow. I was wondering what happened. I have started writing for a local rag called Road Rash. I've never been much of a writer but I figured with all the [email protected] we let fly here and my keen sense of observation I'd try writing for entertainment value. Did you read any of my post? Was it working for you or should I try a different approach? Just wondering....
I read it. Here's the content:

"OH MY GOD THE GUY WHO RUNS THE AMA HAS GONE FCKING CRAZY! EVERYBODY, HEY, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, RIGHT FCKING NOW!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I read it. Here's the content:

"OH MY GOD THE GUY WHO RUNS THE AMA HAS GONE FCKING CRAZY! EVERYBODY, HEY, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, RIGHT FCKING NOW!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man, I thought I was communicating in an articulate manner. Guess I'm glad it got deleted by accident.

Really, I am a huge mc racing fan and right now it looks like the AMA is in worse shape than Gustaf's Pro Racing Series. I feel sorry for those guys. They really need a professional outfit that can run the racing series. The AMA has major issues across the board but since I am more interested in the racing side that's what I focused on. I don't like the fact the Britsh SuperBike has a higher standing in the racing world than our AMA. They're a freakin' tiny island with a few tracks compaired to America. If we can't put on a professional effort for the fans and promoters then what's the point. Everyone that races here thinks that the AMA is a stop-gap. Ask Neil Hodgeson and he'll tell you that. H3ll, ask Ben Bostrom and he'll say it, too. We have great racers and some fantasic tracks but we're merely third world in motorcycle racing. It can all be so much better than it is. That's all. I promise I won't bug y'all about it anymore- this week.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
I think Kenneth is just really bad at shorthand.
Yeah, but I did get the gist of it, didn't I?

BTW: in the now infamous "Missing AMA Post," I noted that I think the AMA should divest themselves from racing and focus on advocacy for motorcyclists. There is more than enough work in that venue to keep them busy. And I agree that someone like Bill France's company or another professional racing management company, should take that role.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
That's a good idea.

Yeah, but I did get the gist of it, didn't I?

BTW: in the now infamous "Missing AMA Post," I noted that I think the AMA should divest themselves from racing and focus on advocacy for motorcyclists. There is more than enough work in that venue to keep them busy. And I agree that someone like Bill France's company or another professional racing management company, should take that role.
So it'll never happen. The AMA will apply the tried and true though ultimately insane and all too human principle that it is better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven. They will never let go of the power no matter how much it hurts them.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
What an ass, it makes you wonder how empire building toffee noses get in those positions in the first place

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
What an ass, it makes you wonder how empire building toffee noses get in those positions in the first place
It's almost as if they hired a "real" businessman to run the company. Problem is the businessman doesn't know squat about the passion of motorcyclist. I believe it's high time that our racing series is broken away from the AMA bureacracy. The AMA can keep the name recognition but let the France family run the day to day and let Live Nation run promotion and strike a deal with FIM so the only differences between our bikes and WSB are the tires.
So the series would be the Rock Star Energy Drink/AMA Superbike Championship brought to you by Live Nation.
The 2009 classes would be: Superbike, FX, Supersport, SuperSingles, and the Rookies Cup with Moto-ST at select rounds.
On double-header weekends you could see: practice on Friday from 9am to 12pm, Superbike qualifying @ 1pm, SuperSingles qualifying @ 2pm, Moto-ST practice and qualifying at 3- then @ 4 run the Moto-ST 4hr: Saturday practice 9-12- FX qualifying @ 1pm, Superbike race 2pm, FX race @ 3pm, SuperSingles race @4pm, Superbike qualifying race 2 @ 5pm: Sunday practice 9-12, Supersport qualifying @ 1pm- race @ 2pm, Superbike @ 3pm (live TV), and Rookies Cup practice and qualifying @ 4pm- race @ 5pm.

Hey- is anyone writing this down- this all just came flowing out. Wow- wish I had promoter monies.
Anyway- I hate the current system because it makes our Pro Racing effort look bad and as a proud American I believe we can CRUSH any racing series out there (with the exception of the deep pockets in MotoGP). So, aim high and never let someone else believe they can do it better than you- it the American way.
See how easy that was to work out.....:)

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Gee Ace, couldn't you just stick with: "OH MY GOD THE GUY WHO RUNS THE AMA HAS GONE FCKING CRAZY! EVERYBODY, HEY, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, RIGHT FCKING NOW!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess I wasn't done with my rant. I'm better now- really. I'll put up with another lame AMA run racing season and enjoy it when Jamie Hacking pulls the upset and wins the Superbike title for Kawasaki. No- I'm not a Kawi fan I grew up on Yamahas. Would be interesting to see Hodgeson win it with the Honda, though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.