Motorcycle Forums banner

Hey everyone…need advice

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jimiro23 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

My name is James or Pirate,
and I’m brand new to motorcycle repair and
This is my first time every posting something on a forum and I am hoping I can get some sound advise without being ridiculed for asking.

I recently picked up a 2007 Roketa Mc-51 it’s a 250cc Chinese piece but I figured it would be a good for my very first project bike. Being that it is a Chinese bike can anyone tell me please, if there are any compatible/interchangeable components (ex. Honda rebel) I could use. Need controls, clutch , break ect. I have a website that Has the parts but it’s sketchy to me and would much rather Frankenstein it for the learning experience than order brand new. It’s not a bad looking bike just very very different than the Harleys I’m used to
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

See less See more
#2 ·
Wish I could help but I can't.

AND......there is no "ridicule" in an honest negative opinion.
Like: I don't really think that is a good project bike, for the reasons that you stated yourself.
You might spend a LOT of time and money and in the end find that it won't run because of a missing critical part.

But I wish you the best of luck.
If nothing else, you should certainly learn a lot before you are done.

#5 ·
I found a few posts on other forums and the website I found I guess is legit so I guess we will start there. Thank you for the reply’s and not belittling me cause I chose a Chinese bike for a project, I picked it cause I knew it would be hard and I want to learn. Peace yall

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.