Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just read last month about how Oklahoma Staties are getting Hayabusas so they can keep pace with the fastest of the motorcycles. I thought that was an interesting response to the problem.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
"Do you realize speeding doesn't even mean your more likely to have an accident??"

LOL. Ok dude, do 150 mph past a school. After you kill one of the kids and get but f*cked daily by Bubba and Rufus as you serve out vehicular homicide sentence you can rethink your statement.

BTW, have a look at these ‘lies’

A recent report by the Transport Research Laboratory provides further evidence that small reductions in average speeds correspond to significant accident reductions

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3927/is_200006/ai_n8903550

"It was found that in a 60km/h speed limit area, the risk of involvement in a casualty crash doubles with each 5km/h increase in travelling speed above 60km/h."

http://casr.adelaide.edu.au/speed/

·
Registered
79 Posts
I wasn't going 167, and it definitely wasn't 169... But when I noticed the flashing lights, I knew I had to do something... So I put it into second gear and decided to open it up a little... I mean [email protected]# it, once I get into second gear, I'm not going back down for anybody.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Actually, they appear to be interchangeable:

4 entries found for preventative.

pre·ven·tive ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-vntv) also pre·ven·ta·tive (-t-tv)

adj.

Intended or used to prevent or hinder; acting as an obstacle: preventive measures.

Carried out to deter expected aggression by hostile forces.

Preventing or slowing the course of an illness or disease; prophylactic: preventive medicine; preventive health care.

Though a pedant might argue that preventive is the more correct wording...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Which "GW" are you referring to? Ever hear of a President with the initials, "JFK"? That fine gentleman also had enunciation difficulty with a proper noun - CUBA - as well as others.

OTOH, Gerald Ford luckily didn't seem to have too much trouble with the word "FORE!". A bit tardy, maybe, but you already knew that those Secret Service agents made lousy caddys.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Anybody at MO have access to the archives of news items previously posted? This story about Chicago MC riders busting the speed limits appeared here last year, some time. Some of the names have been changed and a few of the details have been embellished, but it is the same story.

Don't know if propagation of plagiarism is a capital offense. Probably depends on the insurance liability limits.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wrong. The new bikes are governed to 300kph (186mph), something the manufacturers did to keep the European governments happy. There are ways around this; but I can assure you that it has nothing to do with speedometers.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
You guys aren't following along are you? I simply said that if one person puts lives in danger by being reckless and the only recourse is for the cops to use deadly force then so be it. I do not wish death on any person but ANYONE that will intentionally run from law enforcement not only puts their lives at risk they put others at risk. So, would you rather have one rider loose their life or would you rather have that rider loose their lives and anyone that that rider crashes into loose their's as well? BTW, we are a "free" nation built on the "rule of law". For those that attended public school the USA was established as a "free republic" not a democracy. Democracy is simply majority rule wins. That's not how our constitution was written. So, everyone who doesn't understand that: go take an American History class somewhere and learn something. As fas as the Nazi coment is concerned: You must be a leftist liberal and once again educated in public school. So bite me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Who cares about Lou, I`m sure he was doing a wheelie at 136 also. This website lately has been getting worse and worse with these STUPID stories!!! I`m thinking twice about renewel in 24 days. It`s gone down hill fast since Sean left.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I believe they already do use deadly force. I know they have no problem running an evader off his bike or putting spike strips in his path. They do take cognizance of the surrounding area and will refrain from doing so if it can cause injury to a third party.

Obviously shooting an evader is a no-no due to goofballs like Charles Schumer and Rebecca Peters who are promoting the idea that a fatality caused by a firearm to be somehow worse than a fatality caused by any other means.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: More reading material for mr hanner.

LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
I invite you to peruse any dedicated sports bike forum (R1, Honda, Kawasaki, etc), and notice the not insignificant number of "What's your top speed?" posts which go on to discuss how the speedo's stop at 186mph while the revs keep on climbing.

What you describe may be true for the odd model (eg. some newer Suzuki's when in 6th gear only), but it is not commonplace nor uniformally implemented. The vast majority of UJM sports bikes just have speedo's that merely stop at an indicated 186mph (or 299kph) while the revs keep climbing.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Oh I suspect we're hangin' in there with ya, barely.

"I simply said that if one person puts lives in danger by being reckless and the only recourse is for the cops to use deadly force then so be it."

What if the person isn't aware of the pursuit? Do you remember the video of the the Cop dragging out the old Woman from the car? Couldn't any Cop just kill anyone and say "They were running"? Would't a POSSIBLE recourse be to do nothing? Chew in this, should we kill him to protect him from his reckless behavior? Keep in mind that I haven't heard of a rash of bikes killing other than the riders lately. On and on we could go but I suspect it would never get through.

PS The Sophomoric Condescension angle has been played out before. We ain't 'fraid.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I dated his older sister, Racky. Just for stability - you know, something to hang on to.

Then her old man went nucular.

I was hurt.

I was the one who had to pull out and go off to fight the Commies.

Was Ricky small for his age or did he wear avocado camouflage and loiter between the stove and fridge?

41 - 60 of 68 Posts