Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 254 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: The GMP is right again, GPTB says stay the course.

Excuse me show me.. Not true.. Why do think they added 5 different SUV models .. Boy Bar you are losing it.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Exactly.. My buddy has one 750 I think ... Nice looking. But they went out of business..

·
Registered
512 Posts
The new Ducati 1098 is only $14,999

The new Ducati 1098 is only $14,999.

That's not much of a price hit to have my dream bike and dream engine.

If Buell would make a bike like that I would pay at least $14,999 for it to.

·
Registered
406 Posts
While I totally understand that, couldn't some of the same design be carried forward into a new Buell design? Perhaps just take the whole motor and shrink it until is displaces 800cc (the new sportbike displacement). I know I am oversimplifying things but i am sure that there is a way to make this happen without starting the design process from scratch.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Whats antique: an awful powerband...

The power band on the engine is worse than a 600 supersport.

By only being good from 3k to 6k RPM or so, you have a very narrow revv range to work in, effectively identical to the "Lightswitch" 600s with their 6k to 12k powerband.

Compare with an SV650 which is a better street ride engine, where the engine works from 3k to 10k without complaint, and produces only 10hp less than the 1L buells. With the Buell, its more gear shifts and no more power.

Ride a Tuono and a Buell back to back (I have on demo rides), the difference is like day and night.

A Buell with a 800cc-1L twin would totally ROCK (I'd actually say go for an 800cc, the less rotating mass would REALLY make it a corner carver)

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Re: It's not just on the track...

If you dont want to shift buy a dang CVT scooter. You bought a second Buell so the old "Fool me once" doesnt apply, or does it? People should buy a bike for what it is, not what they want it to be. Kinda like Marriage.

Maybe Buell should partner with Kleenex and make a bike that will allow the whiners to wipe the snot and tears from their eyes.

Can we finally move on people? Talk about beating a dead horse...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
didn't i just read last week, somewhere, when asked about this year's racing plan, Steve Anderson said "the XB is not the only platform we are working on." Something new is in the works and well along the way to production no doubt.

If they tell people a new bike is on the way, current sales come to a complete halt, hello...

·
Registered
872 Posts
But WHY isn't it the point of a Buell? There's no reason why their bikes shouldn't kick ass on the track. The only reason that their bikes aren't trackbike killers is because their engines are lame.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Re: Ducati 1098 Engine in my new 2009 Buell

"The air-cooled motor in ANY of the line up will not make it through the next round of EU pollution regs. And will have a tough time here when the EPA starts enforcing their next round of regs, as well."

Nope, 100% wrong.

Buell engines are already certified for Euro 3 ***without needing catalytic converters***.

Air cooled engines test CLEANER than water cooled engines

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: The new Ducati 1098 is only $14,999

"If Buell would make a bike like that I would pay at least $14,999 for it to" Ditto for me.. At $13,000 I think they would sell everything they could make...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
The GMP predicts, Buell will eventually race in AMA superbike.

Great Point..The Great Motorcycle Prophet, GMP, kpaul says Buell will indeed add another engine..It may be a two step thing add 1400 cc air-cooled then liquid cooled 1000 cc (which will be raced in superbike..

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Ya gots Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, MV Agusta with a plethora of I-4s. Ya gots triples. Ya gots Honda and Suzuki and Ducati and Aprilia and Hyosung and whatnot with V-twins. And all of these are shrieking their hearts out. You even got a V-4. 'm sure I've missed a few.

Now you got one guy who decides to build long stroke high displacement sportbikes because he and a few other people actually like them. Apparently this state of affairs is unacceptable to a bunch of little conformist napoleans.

The clue is that MotoGuzzi builds low rev V-Twins and gets nothing but praise for its willingness to go against the grain. Can you spell the word bigot? I knew you could.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
GPTB group therapy

Actually I think he meant HD Buz. You are so into kbashing that you automatically think to do so.. I think the GPTB needs group therapy.. "Hi my name is Buz and I am a kbasher" Not one day goes by without kbashing, kwhining, or the latest kconspiracy theorizing. Usually before 10 AM ...

May God help you.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Long stroke, short stroke who cares?

Long stroke, short stroke who cares?

I don't care how long the stroke is? And I don't mind if Buell keeps on offering the current motor.

Just offer me an engine with more power and a wider RPM spread.

41 - 60 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.