Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
You are an idiot. You must have posted that after you had three or four beers. It's a nice lie to tell yourself so you can justify driving after you've had something to drink.

NB: I am a former idiot who also thought that my driving ability increased after moderate alcohol intake. I have since learned better (no, not after a DUI or accident). Drinking = good, driving = good, drinking+driving = pretty good chance of a really bad day

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you're depending on your headlight to make you stand out and be seen, you are putting your fate too much in the hands of idiots in cages. We have legally mandated daytime running lights on cars in Canada, have had since about 1990, and it has never seemed like a big deal to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Thanks for nothing- we don't need decreased visibility.

>Cars with the lights on during the day decrease

>the visibility of motorcycles!

No they don't. If you're in a car and see bright lights coming at you, you see 'em whether they're on a car or a motorcycle.

Canada and the UK have had mandatory car headlights for about ten years - motorcycle accidents in those countries have gone down in that period, not up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.