Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
One of the hightlights of living in Napa used to when a bunch of hot rod owners would cruise somewhere here every year. The cops would get out the riot gear, helicopters, bullhorns, tear gas grenades, call for reinforcements to deal with the menace of a bunch of middle aged guys who finally had the scratch to build the hot rod they probably wanted when they were kids. They were beautiful, and used radios to dodge the cops long enough to make their cruise. Maybe gangs started showing up to ruin things like I hear they're doing with Hot August Nights in Reno, but I don't remember seeing any of that. In fact, I don't remember seeing the cars at all in a while. Maybe Fenton knows something about this. It's possible I just wasn't paying attention.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Numero cinco - I'm running late today. With Marlon Brando gone, what's the point of the whole thing? I do admit that I miss those dirtbikes (Yamaha 125cc 2-strokes) that the bikers terrorized the town with in the old movies while pretending to be Hells Angels.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I like when they dub four stroke noises over two strokes. Remember Earthquake?

When we gonna get some chili?

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Don't drag me into your "Cruise Night" post. Oh wait, I'm here. Last Saturday before school starts. I guess the police said they would shut Jefferson Street down at 9pm for 1 hour to end the cruise early.

One of the cops got stabbed while breaking up a little "gang fight" at a local 7-11 a couple of years ago.

It was getting out-of-hand 20 years ago.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
What? You didn't see hear that special "4 cylinder" R1150R that was used in "Ultraviolet"?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I was going to rag you for watching "Ultraviolet" but I did too, hoping to see same as you....

As for Hollister - Brando would never have shown. Lee Marvin - different deal. What an interesting scene that'd have been.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Chili John's is supposed to be open after Labor Day. I'll try to fit it in between now and jury duty. I'm also getting some windows replaced before we tackle redoing the kitchen. And we have to dog sit while one of my kids goes on a Mediterranean cruise in October - this made us defer going anywhere until maybe November. Otherwise nothing is happening here until I get to work on my Kawasaki Mach III.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.