Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Authentic Honda Racing/Woody Woodpecker gear and apparel can still be purchased at Honda dealerships and other industry retailers..."Gadzooks is the perfect specialty retailer to launch our line since their consumer is on the cutting edge of teen fashion.""

The Japanese are horrible at marketing. Mr. Rothwell should be fired on the spot What a waste of time and money to use Woody Woodpecker to promote Honda products.

ZR-7

·
Registered
237 Posts
Longride,

That has to be the funniest thing I've ever seen you post. What a pathetic move for Honda. "Look at those stupid peckers," will be the first thing I say/think every time I see someone wear "Authentic Honda racing/Woody Woodpecker gear." Oh that's so embarassing.

luvmyvfr

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: It could work

Sounds like the perfect way to steal apparel sales from Harley.

Uh, I wouldn't hold my breath about that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, Sony's pretty good at marketing, and Honda does a nice job with its cars, but this kind of embarrassment is usually a cross-cultural thing. In other words, senior Japanese executive sees something that makes sense in Japan and figures it will translate to the U.S. or globally. American companies do this all the time, but we don't often hear about it. I used to work at Panasonic, whose global parent Matsu****a once named a Japanese-language laptop with internet capability (this was a few years back) "Touch Woody, the Internet Pecker". They too trumpeted the association with Woody Woodpecker. The head PR guy in the U.S., who has zero sense of humor, quickly told them to pull back all the press releases. There's something about Woody Woodpecker that appeals to the Japanese. That and soiled panties sold in vending machines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.