Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can remember when everybody started on 125s. Maybe history will repeat itself, and it certainly doesn't seem like a bad idea to package a bike with suitable riding gear--maybe fledgling squids will actually get in the habit of wearing it.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Every MFS course in America should press Honda to do the samething in the US. After the squids think their learning curve is over and they're ready to go get a Busa they can turn the CB125 into track bikes.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Fantastic idea. The two main problems against it are peer pressure ("A 125?!?") and stupid grognards ("You'll outgrow that in two weeks. Get a 600.")

It would be nice to see Honda launch a free riding club and internet forum for the 125-newbies to support each other against this. Get 'em defiantly mocking the cruisers and squids on their "porky, overpriced ego-strokers" and reinforcing their wisdom in starting small, cheap and light.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
$3,500.00 for a one two bits? Egads. The article didn't mention how many cylinders it has, so I'll have to guess just one.

Would be neat if it is a 4 cylinder...

·
Registered
514 Posts
LOL... Honda USA should put the same kind of package together for the CBR 600.

Then when newbs come into the showroom they can upsell 'em... "you'll just outgrow the 600 in a few months, get the liter bike"

·
Registered
872 Posts
I found out my wife's prego in January too. I've gained a few pounds too. I think it's from buying cheeseburgers when she feels too sick to eat real food.

·
Registered
872 Posts
They have that package now. Just pay the thou 'dealer setup costs' and they'll throw in a KBC helmet and a Joe Rocket Jacket.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Maybe Honda has a warehouse full of SL125 motors, and needed to get rid of 'em. Oink.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts