61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Eddie Griffin's not the Father, is he?

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Only if Eddie Griffin is piloting it.........

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Sorta like Eddie Griffin in a Ferrari - you know SOMEBODY is gonna lay-out some green........

·
Registered
16 Posts
The big four have to make a sub 500cc bike that's affordable. I bought an EN500 used. I would have bought new except for the $6500 Canadian MSRP. Or the $6900 MSRP for the Ninja 500.

The reason people aren't "voting with their dollars" for smaller bikes is because they're too damn much money. The Ninja hasn't changed its design in 20 years (other than a rear disk and other cosmetic changes, etc). The Vulcan hasn't changed in 10. The 250 nighthawk hasn't changed since in almost 20 and it's still running an MSRP of 4000 US! IT HAS DRUM BRAKES FFS.

There is no reason 20 year old tech should be pushing 7k Canadian and that's why they aren't more popular. The target audience, first time riders, don't have the cash to blow on gear, a $7000 bike and insurance.

If the big four start bringing prices down instead of gouging poor university students you'd see a lot more of a market. I think $3500 CDN with a helmet and jacket is right on the nose. And here's to progress; maybe the other manufacturers will take notice and decide there IS a market for the sub 500cc scoot after all.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts