Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*LOL*

I'd seriously consider it for my nephew, but my sister would kill me just for giving him 'any ideas'!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
If CARB ever sees this thing you Kalifornia bikers are in deep doodoo.

Can you spell MANDATE? I knew you could.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Since I subscribed I've spent more time reading your stuff than I ever spent reading paper magazines. This article confirms my good judgement. Great sense of humor and awesome, real time articles!

I've also got a two year old grandson who is promised a PW50 when he's potty trained. As soon as he figures out what that means it's as good as done!

BTW, where did you get that child carrier the CPS was chasing you over? It looks like a backpack frame.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My brother bought one of these for my kids.

I am 6'1" and 200# and I ride it around the driveway a LOT.

Slow but very fun. The steering is like 10 degrees lock-to-lock and it requires big lean for turning. Did I say it is really fun?

Holds a charge for a long time.

Getting started is interesting as the seat to peg dimension is a bit tight. Better to put one hand on the ground and both feet on the pegs, then take off and get the hand to the bars quickly cuz this thing is not as stable as my real bike - the wheel base is a bit shorter.

The brakes are excellent BTW.

I'm waiting for the HRC kit though.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Since it's a Honda I assume it requires a special type of battery, a special type of electrical current at a unique special voltage and special tools (only available at the dealer) to do any maintenance, right?

·
Registered
174 Posts
What is this "Honda" you speak about? Where can I find one?

·
Registered
729 Posts
The backpack is a Kelty Summit kid carrier that is basically a car seat strapped to my daddy's back. It's got a very secure harness and dad says that it's comfortable to wear. It is especially made for people who are going to climb, hike or ski with a little dude like me - and it works like a champ.

- JR

·
Registered
334 Posts
"Daddy says that I'm ready to take on Uncle Ebass in a throw down at the WSMC kart track."

BRING IT, SQUID-BIKE PILOT!!!! Now all I have to do is build a time machine and go back to 1990, which was the last time I could have possibly made a 175 lb weight limit. But once I do, I'll make you eat your words JR...AND YOUR BRUSSEL SPROUTS!!!

;-)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Merry Christmas MoFos.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Deer Unclle Buzz

Deer Uncle Buzz,

My daddy and Turbo say that you should look at a VFR. Daddy says that it is part of the holey triumverate. What is a triumverate Uncle Buzz, and why does it have holes in it?

Daddy says that the VFR is related to the SV650 and Connie. I think an SV650 is like a transformer and I watch Connie the Cow all of the time on Nogin so I think it must be a way cool motorcycle Uncle Buzz.

Anyway Turbo and my daddy seem to be up on things so I think that you should get you a VFR and have a very happy holiday Uncle Buzz.

Your lovin godnephew,

JR

·
Registered
441 Posts
Aw man, I just set this picture as my wallpaper.

Congratulations to MO on another great year.
And special congrats for ending it on a high. This story is great.

Jr., thanks for the good wishes. I'll try not to fall off my bike next year.
Best wishes to you and your dad for a wonderful holiday season.

And best wishes to all the MOrons, too.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
A spare battery can be had for about $50 at Toys R Us.

As far as maintenance, inflating the rear can be a pain. It comes with an extension to reach the valve stem, but it doesn't line up well enough with the access hole provided to actually put air in it. I had to pull the rear wheel off to try and get access to it.

The whole process has been made easier with the newer model. It is a (more expensive) yellow CBR that claims 25mph for its top speed. It appears to have valve stem access in the normal fashion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.